Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anquan Boldin Wouldnt mind a trade to miami

but with his injury,what're the chances of him being able to come back...

He's comming back . . . he is ahead of schedule . . . and Thomas is 100%.

We lost our 2 starting guards and guy who isn't the ideal center for a power offense, u can't have 10 pro bowlers on the line . . . we threw in our second stringers for half the season and we went 11-5 still . . . we did damn good considering the injuries on the line we had.

I'm pretty confident that our FO will be able to get much more value for this team through the draft with the 2 or 3 picks that they would have to give up for Boldin.

Put it this way. If you look at last years draft...probably would have taken the Long pick and the Merling pick, plus a later pick....possibly the 6th we used on Thomas. If we wouldn't have given up the first overall pick....then say goodbye to probably both 2nds, the 3rd, and more.

Would you trade Merling, Henne, Langford, and later round picks for Boldin? I'll take my chances in the draft with the FO we have.

Boldin is great, but too expensive if he is even obtainable. The Cards won their division for the first time in like 50 frigging years. I would not be so confident that they would be willing to shake up that receiving core or that Boldin is as determined to be traded as he was in the beginning of the year.

Now cincy's wr hoshi-whatever? doesn't he enter FA this off season. That seems like a more viable option if we can sweet talk him here. He would only cost money and not draft picks. Just because we went 11-5 does not mean we are a complete enough team to give up draft picks. We are not one or two pieces away from being a complete team.

Yeah we had what looks to be a solid off season last year. We need a few more of them to get caught up from a decade of bad ones. The thing is this too. Each good draft that we have makes the next one harder to repeat. Last year we had high draft position and for the most part BPA in the draft was a position of need for us, which makes the decision process easier. This draft they are going to have some more difficult decisions to think about.

I don't feel like this team has reached that pinnacle of having the luxury of sacrificing first day picks for players with good reputations yet, especially multiple picks. Maybe if its just a single pick for a guy that you know who is going to come in and immediately break into the starting line up, but not multiple picks.

Honestly too I think allot of you are giving up on Ginn becoming a true #1 a little bit too soon. I have concerns about him as well but I think we have to wait and see with him. It is not our first priority of needs on this team. Remember he is young. He is only in his second year in the NFL. This is the first year he has had a good QB throwing to him. He came out of college his junior year. He has shown reasonable progress every season, so far. Lets see what he does next year before we decide he isn't ever going to be more then he is now.

NT I think is this teams biggest need this year and I hope Parcells already has that position picked out for us. Developmental or immediate impact, we need a long term solution at that position. D-Line hopefully will improve if they got that big push up the middle and our rookies have another year under their belt.

O-Line same concern, we need a better center. RT needs improvement too. RG is really hard to say considering we have no idea how good or bad Thomas is or isn't. He was hurt so what can you say other then we need depth on our line because we don't really have good substitutes in any of our line positions. That goes for defense too. LG position, I like Smiley but think that position could be upgraded as well. It isn't a priority type need but if the opportunity is available and it didn't come at the cost of sacrificing another position of need I would upgrade there too, and keep smiley and create good depth there. LG = Long, nothing more needs to be said about that. That pick was a definite hit for us.

Our LB's I have mixed feelings on. I think the ones we have are good but are situational. I think we need depth so we can rotate our packages better. I think Crowder is and Roth are both good on run packages and might even consider moving Roth to ILB position along side Crowder. Squeaky is a good pass rusher and OK at stopping runs when he doesn't rush, but he is a little one dimensional and slowing down. Aokelyle(however the hell you spell his name/) drops back in pass coverage nicely but has no help. He needs another back that can mirror his skills on pass packages, which we don't have. Point I'm getting at is we need 4 more linebackers to add depth and versatility to that area of the field.

This brings me to my favorite goats on our defense. Our secondary. Man have I been tough on them this year, well the first half of it anyhow. I give credit where it is due and they deserve kudos for stepping up their game the second half of the season. They still are not that great but they are greatly improved. Some of their struggles are from being over worked because of the problems we have up front. They still need to improve however. I don't see this area being addressed this off season unless there is some gem out there that is just too good to pass up on. I think this is something that we will address in the following off season, not this one. JMO.

One last thing I want to address, going back to our offense. I think if we can can get our O-Line really stabilized by doing what I mentioned above. It will greatly improve our ability to run the ball. This is a huge thing for us. This will improve our passing game immensely and keep us out of those 3rd n 8 positions that we really struggled with and force defense to keep people in the box to stop it. This will play right into Chads strength. Chad spreads the ball around nicely using all of his weapons but this season he really had to work to do it, because our run game was very average. Ronnie's numbers should of been much higher then they were but had no holes. same goes for Ricky. Ricky would sweep but never had any holes to cut back into for yards which is his style of running. Ronnie like to punch it up the middle between the tackles and he had no tackles that could open him a hole. This is why the wildcat worked best for us. Not only did it provide the unbalanced line shift to throw defenses off a bit it also gave Ronnie a split second longer to choose a hole. Ronnie has very good vision in that respect. He just needs that extra moment to pick his hole. That is why he gets hammered for hesitate because he is looking for a spot to hit. Problem is our line is not giving him any spots.

So I guess I am saying what allot of other people around here have been saying all year. Our area of need is our Lines first, Linebackers second, One good receiver third, Corner backs 4th, safeties 5th. That is the order of needs that I think this team is going to be looking to continue its rebuild process in.

Our o-line is about our biggest need right now, especially after watching the Ravens simply abuse us. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs until we build a solid o-line. Lets build around Jake Long. ...Satele, Alleman and Ndukwe have no business being starters. They're 3rd string guys and the Ravens game proves that.

OK, so every team's OL the Ravens have faced this year are all filled with third stringers...?

Forget Boldin . . . think 2 #1 picks . . . and if not that, atleast one #1 pick and another pick. Roy Williams got like a first, third and a sixth . . . . Boldin IMO is a much better WR than Roy and he still is only like 28.

We got to find our own Boldin, we can't trade away 2 #1's.

not easy....if it were, every team would have one. ;)

As much as I would like to have Bolden on this team, I do not think this team is to the point were it can spend that much on one player.

Parcells, Ireland and Sparano are keeping their draft choices. We have alot of them this year.

2 (from WAS in Jason Taylor trade)
7 (from CLE in Travis Daniels trade)
7 (from CAR in Josh McCown trade)

We don't have a 6th due to the Jason Ferguson trade. But I expect a little more picks and/or cap space to be opened if we decide to move a few players.

Boldin is nice, but we would never get the production out of him unless we have someone like Warner throwing to him. Even if we protected Chad better, he still isn't Kurt Warner.

Think about that for a minute.

The more I think about it, the more I think we don't try to go get a high end, high priced WR in the off-season.

If we can get a decent deep threat WR for a good price I say go for it, but how's gonna get the ball?

In order to have a deep threat WR, you need the other half of the equation, a QB that can get the ball to him deep. That ain't CP as much as I like CP.

So why pay all that money for a guy we could never utilize all his abilities.

I would trade our first pick in a heartbeat for Boldin. You never know what you are getting with a first rd. pick. Boldin is proven. Remember there are way more first rd. busts than studs.

Boldin is nice, but we would never get the production out of him unless we have someone like Warner throwing to him. Even if we protected Chad better, he still isn't Kurt Warner.

Think about that for a minute.

The more I think about it, the more I think we don't try to go get a high end, high priced WR in the off-season.

If we can get a decent deep threat WR for a good price I say go for it, but how's gonna get the ball?

In order to have a deep threat WR, you need the other half of the equation, a QB that can get the ball to him deep. That ain't CP as much as I like CP.

So why pay all that money for a guy we could never utilize all his abilities.

Pennington can get the ball deep. What he lacks is zip on the ball. If you can add someone who can get seperation he becomes a viable deep target for Penny. Penny might not make that throw 20 times a game but if he picks n chooses to hit the deep man at the right times it would be effective. Also noone really knows when Henne's time is going to come. If it is sooner then later that opens up an option for him behind center as well.

This is nothing new - the article is just rehashing the news from months ago when Rosenhaus had said Boldin wouldn't mind coming to Miami. This is back when Boldin was peeved about Fitz's contract and the lack of his own big one - at the beginning of the season.

In other words, the article is just trying to rekindle Boldin as an option without any new news. So get over it, it's not going to happen, as much as we'd love it.

Our #1 and Ginn. He's a good #2 and would fit their offense.

They'd have Fitz/Ginn/Breaston/Urban/Doucet. Still a great receiver corps and we get our #1

We'd have

Boldin/Camarillo/Bess/London

If Arizona is looking for a "Roy Williams" type of deal with Boldin, then they're calling the wrong team. I love Anquan, but I don't like him THAT much.

Back
Top Bottom