Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt...

Andy Vincent was the lineman that just recently retired.
BTW, Dixon still has not OFFICIALY said that he is coming back.
I expect him to, but, as of this point it is still not OFFICIAL.

Oh yea, I forgot about Vincent...oops. Man sometimes I wonder why I can't remember certain players names. I guess there is just so much to keep track of, when a player bails out, I just hit the old delete key in my head.

Dixon is under contract, so he would have to announce that he is retiring, not the other way around.

Originally posted by fthefish11
That's great, but why do you guys write posts about backups??? This guy won't even see the field unless somebody goes down!!

Because we have the ability and mental capacity to talk about every player on the roster. That's how deep it gets on these boards. We're not mentally limited to talking about starters or stars. We know our franchise inside and out.

You don't understand it, but yet you're drawn to it. Like a moth to the flame. Face it. You've just met your match.

"the OL will be fine if they are healthy. That is true of every OL, we just have guys like Dixon and last year both LTs that got hurt." Injuries are a part of football and it called having depth. Some teams had more injuries than the dolphins on ol and there Ol production didn't suffer. There are alot questions on this ol. Can Leon Searcy play 16 games? Hasn't be able to stay healthy last couple of years. Leon Searcy is 32 and is probably more accessible to injury. The next couple of drafts they have to start addressing this position Ol like they have with Dl and Secondary. Only position on the offense line that is a proven and will be here for a while is Right Tackle.(Todd Wade) The rest are maybes and hopefuls. Thats no way to be when you upgraded the talent at rb.

Originally posted by Footballfanatic
"Some teams had more injuries than the dolphins on ol and there Ol production didn't suffer.

Name a few.

That's great, but why do you guys write posts about backups??? This guy won't even see the field unless somebody goes down!!

Because we did all the talking about the starters already. All that can be said has been said. We analyze every part of our teams. Give it a month with little news and these guys will overanalyze the waterboy :D

Plus backups are good to talk about with a team that had a lot of guys go down last year.

Football Fanatic sure there is those possibilities. However the year before that this line didn't have the injury bug and made a career backup look like a starter in Lamar Smith. So we know when healthy this line can produce.

LOL Muck - you're funny!

"Like a moth to a flame..." White Snake & Poison were OK, but you gotta stop livin in the past...

"the OL will be fine if they are healthy. That is true of every OL, we just have guys like Dixon and last year both LTs that got hurt." Injuries are a part of football and it called having depth. Some teams had more injuries than the dolphins on ol and there Ol production didn't suffer. There are alot questions on this ol. Can Leon Searcy play 16 games? Hasn't be able to stay healthy last couple of years. Leon Searcy is 32 and is probably more accessible to injury. The next couple of drafts they have to start addressing this position Ol like they have with Dl and Secondary. Only position on the offense line that is a proven and will be here for a while is Right Tackle.(Todd Wade) The rest are maybes and hopefuls. Thats no way to be when you upgraded the talent at rb.
they thought they addressed depth when they added Nails, Searcy and Mckinney w/Dixon, Smith, Spriggs and Cesario coming back from injury and only losing Folau. Whether they are quality depth is still be seen, but like at QB, there was not a lot of great talent on the OL to be had, especially if you wanted us to make the RW trade :)

VanDolPhan we have to be fair that wasn't the same line we lost that played for the dolphins two years ago. I seem to remember a couple of players they let go that were starting on theline two years ago.(R Webb) So to be fair they haven't proved that they can make anyone look good.

LOL Muck - you're funny!

"Like a moth to a flame..." White Snake & Poison were OK, but you gotta stop livin in the past...

:lol: Dude, I wouldn't even know those lyrics. I grew up on Nirvana and Korn. I wasn't into that girly stuff. Long-haired Metallica is a close as I get. :rocker:

VanDolPhan we have to be fair that wasn't the same line we lost that played for the dolphins two years ago. I seem to remember a couple of players they let go that were starting on theline two years ago.(R Webb) So to be fair they haven't proved that they can make anyone look good.

To be fair.............we let Donnalley go and Webb was never considered to be a good run blocker. Webb was the ultimate pass blocking LT. Searcy IS better then Donnalley when healthy. Other then that it's still Wade/Ruddy/Dixon as 3/5th's of our line.

Cesario was drafted I think in the 3rd rd by the Jags and Coughlin had high hopes for him. Cesario ended up getting cut in J-ville because he just couldn't get it.

I am not sure what that meant then, but I think I remember it was from a discipline standpoint.

Back
Top Bottom