Anthony Fasano's role could be decreasing in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Fasano's role could be decreasing in Miami

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Fasano has started all 60 games he's played in Miami since arriving from the Dallas Cowboys in a trade early in the Bill Parcells regime. He occupies that vague realm of "solid, not great" starters which usually leaves fans wanting more. The Dolphins appear headed in another direction at the position.
The buzzword for the Miami Dolphins' offense this offseason: up-tempo. The team wants more pace, more no-huddle and more short routes like any good West Coast offense.
Fasano averaged 443 yards over the last four years. We'd be surprised if that number doesn't decrease this season. We'd also be surprised if Fasano is back in Miami after his contract runs out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ony-fasanos-role-could-be-decreasing-in-miami

Or, it could be increasing...he´s one of the better blockers we´ve got!!

If we are changing more to a passing offense we need a weapon at the position.

It's pretty much the exact opposite, we are going to an up tempo offense, and it has been said that our QBs are favoring our TEs the most. Fasano has good hands, I wouldn't be surprised if our TEs had the most production out of anyone this year.

It's pretty much the exact opposite, we are going to an up tempo offense, and it has been said that our QBs are favoring our TEs the most. Fasano has good hands, I wouldn't be surprised if our TEs had the most production out of anyone this year.

exactly. get that man out into some space, and double his chances to catch the ball. what's the worst that can happen? drop a few? the best?

well double these numbers...

32 receptions, 451 yards, 5 tds.

and keep his 14.1 Yard per reception.

lol. I expect his numbers to go up not down.

Total TE production may increase, but I think that Fasano's individual numbers probably will decrease. The last couple years we have had no real complimentary TE...now we might...

Total TE production may increase, but I think that Fasano's individual numbers probably will decrease. The last couple years we have had no real complimentary TE...now we might...

Well you'll also have to add in the fact that there's going to be more passing plays this year, plus the fact that Marshall is gone gives someone the chance to get the majority of the catches, I think the QBs will choose someone they trust the most and right now it looks like it's the tight ends.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fasano had his numbers go up, that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Charles Clay made the most of the opportunity.

lol. I expect his numbers to go up not down.

I agree. He has the potential to put up bigger numbers. For some reason, a lot of fans have been down on him. But this guy has made some HUGE plays for us in his time here. But he hasn't exactly been put in the greatest position to succeed. He can come up big for us.

based on what? fasano has only produced when given the chance.

RIGHT ON!! Fasono is nothing LESS than reliable and COULD be more. The guy IS clutch. F*** anyone who says different. This guy is a play maker and CAN be bigger a play maker. He knows get open. He has made big plays for us. And he can continue to do do it. I like the guy. I once threw to a guy named Patrick Sanders that had the same attributes as Fasasno, He was my the man. He bailed me OUT. And I was THE and was the QB. But he had the same bs $$$$ marks about him. Didn't slow him down. I threw for better than 5000 yards that season ( semi-pro) and he had almost 1400 yards that season (and 17 touchdowns outta my 52). He picked up blocks. He was always there when I needed him. He recognized mismatches. He had it all. And, like Brady, I used him like I used a whore that needed D***. Don't under estimate a man who has something to prove. Fasano has it. And he has the tools.

the national media keeps saying this same crap. its so vague and annoying. its just like last season when "reggie bush was going to be a situational back and d thomas was the feature back" and i got laughed at in my fantasy draft scooping up bush as a swing player - turned out fine for me. Following the dolphins i knew his role.

anyone who follows the local beat writers and has heard the coach etc. knows that Fasano has been solid in ota's so far and the coaches like his hands - it seems he and clay are poised to have a big big year.

Well you'll also have to add in the fact that there's going to be more passing plays this year, plus the fact that Marshall is gone gives someone the chance to get the majority of the catches, I think the QBs will choose someone they trust the most and right now it looks like it's the tight ends.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Fasano had his numbers go up, that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Charles Clay made the most of the opportunity.

I will agree with you on Charles Clay. This will be a great opportunity for him to become more than a "utility" back. However, with Egnew, I am not sure that Fasano will see that much more. I think the ball is going to be spread around more, which is good for guys like Fasano, but I also think the number of weapons used will be increased.

Based on the fact we have a new TE. Mastruud and that other guy were never targets; Egnew should be. He will get some targets which would have gone to Fasano in the past.

No attack on Fasano...just looking at the possible distribution based on the new players.

Back
Top Bottom