Anthony Steen doing 'whatever's best for the team' in Miami Dolphins' offensive line

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Caveat: According to PFF.

They also had the Eagles o-line ranked #1 and the Cowboys ranked #9 (which is ****ing garbage) and Jack Conklin as one of the best lineman.

2. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

I'm not a big fasano fan. At his age, he's a undersized lineman.

But when Fasano is in, who sits? If it's traditional 2 TE pkgs, I see his worth. But outside of that, I see limited production from Fasano in this offense. Production would primarily be his blocking, as he can't threaten seams and in his limited production in Tennessee, it was basically 2-3 yard passes to the flat.

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

You honestly don't think Fasano was a good pickup to replace Sims?

I'd take Fasano over any TE when it comes to blocking..

Everyone is entitled to their opinions..

Idc. I just want to win and I believe Fasano was an underrated pickup.

PHINS UP!!!

4. Digital

Digital Starter

Larsen played center at Chicago. I think that played an important part with Gase's confidence level of him. He knows those guys, and he knows that Larsen can handle his system. Steen got injured quickly, and we moved to Urbik, who IMHO is better suited at guard.

5. Digital

Digital Starter

Amen.

6. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Chris Foerster has been here one year and led an overachieving rushing offense as well as lowering our sack count with a patchwork o-line. What's the knock on him again?

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  7. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I disagree. We can run more 2 TE sets and his presence will help with protection / run blocking / play action, anything. Yeah it sucks he's not a true dual threat but he can sneak out for an occasional pass. 2 wr sets with Parker / Landry would be fine. Throw Stills in at times.

8. JakeemThe Dream

I totally understand your point.

I just don't think it's that simple.

Thomas can lineup in the slot since like you said he's just a pass catching TE and can't block.

Gase has done wonders with a team way less talented. I believe he has ideas on how to utilize both Julius and Anthony.

Time will tell but it's def better than having Jordan "concussion" Cameron and Dominique Jones.

Travis34 likes this.
  9. JakeemThe Dream

That's more than likely what we'll do.

Gase has a lot of toys to play with now that he left his mark on the team.

We're way more talented based off personnel and camaraderie.

Cameron and Sims or Julius and Fasano? Not a tough decision

PHINS UP!!!

10. Sons Of Shula

For one the majority of our rushing yards came after contact as our line was one of lowest rated units in allowing early contact. Also, Gase was the coach who saw our early line struggles and changed our pass blocking to more aggressive dish sets from the traditional vertical sets following the bye.

Goin` Deep likes this.
  11. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

Seems to be a lot of speculation about what happens behind closed doors....And they were a bunch of low draft picks and UDFA's that ended up playing about 943 snaps. Not counting the 141 snaps played by the turnstile brothers before they were cut. It seems Gase didn't have a problem with him....or Terrell Williams. Is that a knock on Gase? I'm not saying either way, just throwing it out there.

12. Sons Of Shula

It's not speculation. Not only can you see the difference of the pass blocking and scheme on film, there was also an article on Gase saying he saw the problem and knew how to fix it. It comes from his time with Peyton Manning and PM's time with heralded o-line coach Howard Mudd who used dish sets in Indy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  13. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Fasano was such a good get this year. He was underrated as a pass catcher when he was here. He'll be neglected by the pass defense and find himself wide open. We don't even need him to produce, really. He's a solid blocker, I don't know about #1, but he's good.

He was an underrated red zone threat also.

John Biello, BobDole and fishfanmiami like this.
  14. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

First Fasano so far has stayed on the field while Sims was concussioned prone, second RT and Fasano have been hanging out in the offseason since he left so we know they have a good working relationship, third Fasano caught quite a few more passes before he left the phins than afterwards meaning he has the ability to do more than what he was asked by the Titans. A healthy young Sims is the better choice as a all around tight end, but healthy is the key word, other than that Fasano is b getting older so you have to worry about declining speed and injury that comes with age. Good pickup for at least this year IMO.

15. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

This isn't 2008. Watching Tennessee games last year, his play had really dropped off.

Tennessee has a oline I can watch any day of the week. Straight maulers. Add the 2 RBs they have, and there was nothing pretty about that teams philosophy, nor a doubt about it's identity. Again though, Fasano wasn't a major cog, his receptions or routes were the equivalent of screens. Watching him run after the catch, was brutal.

Pandarilla likes this.
  16. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

that's where I see his value, he can block on running plays and offer good hands on passes. I can see defenses leaving him wide open with all the other targets available

Pandarilla likes this.