any 1 think we need to draft a burner at wr spot now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any 1 think we need to draft a burner at wr spot now?

uga3406

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the trade of Ginn, I wonder if Miami needs some speed at the wr position now. No disrespect to Bess, Camarillo and Hartline but they aren't exactly deep ball threats. I was thinking if the Philly trade is a reality that Miami could use their 2nd rd pick on Golden Tate. I said earlier in another thread that I hope Jerry Hughes is taken at 24 if the trade is made. A draft consisting of Hughes and Tate taken in rounds 1 and 2 would be a good start imo. Two other players that I really like that could help Miami are Jacoby Ford and Dexter McCluster. Some have McCluster pegged as a rb but I think he would be best suited as a slot wr and quite possibly could be untilized in the wildcat. Just my two cents, that's all.

Tate makes a lot more sense now - if we were to trade down - in the 2nd than he did before. He's a big play guy. I just didn't feel comfortable trusting him as a #1. As the P. Harvin to Marshall's S. Rice, I think he'd be great.

Tate makes a lot more sense now - if we were to trade down - in the 2nd than he did before. He's a big play guy. I just didn't feel comfortable trusting him as a #1. As the P. Harvin to Marshall's S. Rice, I think he'd be great.

If Miami was to somehow get Detroit's or Philly's early second round pick, that would be a great pickup!

If Miami was to somehow get Detroit's or Philly's early second round pick, that would be a great pickup!

I think so - just depends on what other players are there when we draft.

I mean, imagine if we traded down with PHI and picked up Detroit's 2nd. We could get Tate in the 2nd and then still go D in the round - either BOLBA or BFSA. Imagine a haul like:

1. J. Hughes
2. G. Tate
2. J. Worilds
3. M. Wright

I should quit before someone throws me under the Madden bus, but I think we'd have some options.

Yup, sure do. Central Michigan's Antonio Brown is the guy that would look real good running those deep routes!
Love Brown. Would look great returning kicks and punts too. From what I've heard, the Dolphins are high on him. Had him in for a workout as well IIRC.

I think so - just depends on what other players are there when we draft.

I mean, imagine if we traded down with PHI and picked up Detroit's 2nd. We could get Tate in the 2nd and then still go D in the round - either BOLBA or BFSA. Imagine a haul like:

1. J. Hughes
2. G. Tate
2. J. Worilds
3. M. Wright

I should quit before someone throws me under the Madden bus, but I think we'd have some options.
Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen instead of Tate and Mardy Gilyard instead of Wright wouldn't look too bad either.

Back
Top Bottom