Any chance Ireland reverts to his instincts and | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance Ireland reverts to his instincts and

fakespike

Starter
Reaction score
drafts a DT at #12? Surely not!(I hope)

except, consider that we're going to have Paul and Randy both up for huge contracts, as well as Reshad Jones. Apparently Odrick is shedding weight again to play DE (idk if true I heard that on here) so he's not in the mix now? I thought that was Ireland's golden plan.

So I know it's not going to happen, but I've seen enough wtf moves by the dolphins to never know how bad to expect things to go on draft day.

And yes this thread is like 99% satire but still, Ireland leaves the door cracked.

I'm pretty sure Ireland is NOT drafting a DT with the #12 overall pick. Now, the same can't be said for a OL player!

I could see it happening because of what you stated. Also, some of the top DTs in this draft are not just space eaters. They can actually get after the QB.

He may get ripped for taking one but I wouldn't be mad if we got Richardson at 12. You have to go with the BPA and not reach for a "need" player.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

if Star Loutuiui checks out medically and is there or Sheldon Richardson passes the character test (which I doubt) they'd be tempting, especially for a defensive staff that likes DTs that can penetrate. But it's doubtful. I'm more worried about him taking Lane Johnson who, while a great prospect in his own right, is far from a need (especially with what Martin showed as a LT last year)

The more I look at this draft the more I see the value being on the DL and OL. Not thrilled with picking either, but with all our picks, taking the BPA (aside from QB and RB) is probably our best option @12. I don't see the value in WR or CB being there. I do see one of the top DE, DT, OT, OG dropping to us though. I could also live with Eifert as there is quite a drop off after him at the position.

I would also welcome a trade-down but I just don't see it happening. This would leave the next two rounds open for WR, DB where I feel there should be plenty of depth to address these needs.

At our spot, if Werner is there, he would be really nice player to take. Lane Johnson if we don't resign Long would be fantastic. Jonathan Cooper would be tempting as well replacing one of our guards most likely Richie, and move Richie over to the right side. Eifert would be a nice player as well. I think we are in a nice spot were we are going to get a great player for our system.

I'm hoping that, by some great fortune/luck, Sharrif Floyd falls to 12 - I've seen a few mocks with him that low, so maybe there's a small chance. I'd take Richardson there too if we liked his interviews and character checked out. I feel like anything's possible this year because of the odd distribution of talent in the top 25. Very hard to predict.

Except for Floyd, who I've heard some rave is the best player in the draft, I'd be pretty pissed if we take a DT. If not WR then CB, the team needs to go vertical + stop the vertical. Our DL is fine. Better than fine. Excellent actually. And it could remain to be if we need to replace one of soliai or Starks next offseason. We need weapons.

DT is basically the only position on our team where we DON'T have a need. I understand that you need to draft BPA, but I would much rather go (depending on FA) with a wideout, an OT, a pass rusher, Kenny Vacarro or Tyler Eifert. At this point I wouldn't even mind Rhodes (assuming Milliner is gone).

Back
Top Bottom