Any chance this could happen? Love/Hate? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance this could happen? Love/Hate?

finfan7284

Practice Squad
Reaction score
2015 NFL Draft
1st Round: 14th overall - Shaq Thompson
2nd Round: 47th overall - Denzel Perryman
3rd Round: 78th overall - Phillip Dorsett

These picks are all under the assumption that Ellerbe, Wheeler, and Wallace/Hartline are let go AND that we are able to address OG (Franklin), DT (Fairley/Odrick), and CB (Flowers) in FA

I think theres a good shot, although Dorsett is really moving up my boards pretty quickly. Smaller WRs had a hell of a year this year, may not drop in the draft anymore.

I don't think well draft Shaq though, don't think coyle has a spot for him and hasn't shown any ability to be flexible, scheme wise, as a straight up linebacker once you get past the playmaking there's a lot of plays where Shaq not even in the picture And looks quite lost.

Shaq could fall far in this draft IMO.

I don't think Dorsett falls that far. I think he has moved into that same range that T.Y. Hilton was a few years ago.

I would love to have both Thompson and Perryman. If Thompson is not the pick, we should consider drafting CB early.

I love Shaq Thompson, but the team that drafts him needs to have a clear plan for his unique talents. If it were me, I'd go with a 4-2-5 base defense with Thompson playing a hybrid linebacker/safety role. I don't think Miami would be a good fit because of the coaching staff.

I like your free agent pickups, but losing Wallace and replacing him with a rookie would be a big concern for me. Even with Wallace on board, I feel the team desperately needs to upgrade at wr and/or tight end. We need that big, redzone player.

So in your scenario, I'd replace Thompson with Kevin White, DaVante Parker or Maxx Williams. I think Williams is going to rise significantly throughout the draft process.

Back
Top Bottom