Any chance we get Quinn *and* Ginn? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance we get Quinn *and* Ginn?

that would be the ultimate draft, i would trade both seconds to move up for ginn... but i dont think he'll last that long, i dont think hed get past both the rams and the titans...

i dont know how long i could listen to the announcers "Quinn to Ginn Quinn to Ginn" lol

I don't think I could ever get sick of hearing that combination.

But I would rather have our two second rounders than trade them for Ginn. If we were gonna trade into the first round I'm hoping it would be for Joe Staley.

I was thinking about this exact thing a few days ago, and I came up with this scenario:

Dolphins select Quinn at 9
Ginn is still on the board at 23 where the Chiefs pick

we trade our 2 2nd rounders (40),(60) and one of our 7th round picks
to KC for the number 23 overall pick and Trent Green. we'd then use the 23rd overall pick to select Ginn, and ultimately get what looks like Mueller's two favorite guys.

the value chart almost works out perfectly, where our 2 seconds combined equal 800, and the 23rd pick is a total of 760. Then Green and the 7th round pick match up, what do you guys think?
This deserves its own thread brother !!! Doesn't even have to be Quinn at 9... Take BPA... we get Green and #23 for Ginn.

I agree on both points. Quinn could slip to #9, and Ginn could slip into the 20s, in which we could use our two 2nd-rounders to move up and get him, so it's realistic.

However, should we do it? Absolutely not (IMHO of course). If Quinn falls to #9 we could nab our franchise QB, then we could get a quality WR in round 2, along with an OT/OL to help us out in that area. I would MUCH rather go about it that way then taking Ginn. I know a lot of people, including Boomer and the other resident gurus are sold on him, and I respect that, but there is just something about him that doesn't do it for me. I am not so impressed by his speed and ability to create big plays in the return game that I overlook his seemingly poor hands, both at WR and when returning kicks/punts, his very unpolished route running, and his lack of aggressiveness and size.

I fully understand that his poor routes and lack of size/aggressiveness wasn't too big of a problem in college, but the NFL isn't college, and I just don't see him being able to rely soley on his speed to burn past the top DBs at the NFL level. I see Ginn as another Dante Hall, great speed and wows in the return game, but never matures into a great WR. I'd rather use my 2nd-rounders to take some OL help and a WR that may be a little slower but is bigger and more physical and has great hands. Remember, WR isn't a MAJOR priority, Chambers performs well when he gets consistancy at QB, Booker isn't BAD, he's just old, lol, Hagan is coming along nicely, and that was in our horrid QB situation last year, I expect him to be even better when there is some sense or normalcy at QB, and we signed Hakim, who another Booker type guy, not a gamebreaker, and he's old, but he's solid. That is enough right now to allow us to take a WR later and not have to focus on one in the first round.
i could'nt disagree more,,,we love bith quinn and ginn,if pigs start flying and somehow brady falls to us at 9 then great,,,if ginn starts to fall into the mid twenties ill b et all of my fin dollars that ramcam will trade our two seconds for ginn in a heartbeat.

imo opinion we already know that we have to go up to second or third to gurantee quinn,if we have already decided not to do that then i believe we are targeting ginn at #9.

Rather take some oline then Ginn anyways Now if Joe Staley is sitting there late into the 20s I would trade up for him in a heartbeat

Talk about a pipe dream. But say we're fortunate to have Quinn drop to 9. Then as the first round progresses Ginn starts slipping into the 20s. Could you see Mueller moving up to grab Ginn?

Just a thought.

it is more likely we end up neither

I got it....

1. Brady Quinn
2a. Levi Brown
2b. Ted Ginn
3. Ryan Kalil

Not a bad 1st day, and as long as we are dreaming, I can deal with this :D

i could'nt disagree more,,,we love bith quinn and ginn,if pigs start flying and somehow brady falls to us at 9 then great,,,if ginn starts to fall into the mid twenties ill b et all of my fin dollars that ramcam will trade our two seconds for ginn in a heartbeat.

imo opinion we already know that we have to go up to second or third to gurantee quinn,if we have already decided not to do that then i believe we are targeting ginn at #9.

I never said the Dolphins weren't interested in Ginn, or that it couldn't happen. In fact, I said it could definately happen, and I know we (the Dolphins) have interest in Ginn. I said I PERSONALLY don't think we should do that trade.

I got it....

1. Brady Quinn
2a. Levi Brown
2b. Ted Ginn
3. Ryan Kalil

Not a bad 1st day, and as long as we are dreaming, I can deal with this :D

Well if we are dreaming why not go:

1. Brady Quinn
2a. Calvin Johnson
2b. Joe Thomas
3. Justin Blaylock
4. LaRon Landry
6a. Leon Hall
6b. Patrick Willis
7a. Paul Posluszny
7b. Greg Olsen
7c. Ryan Kalil

That's QB, WR, OT, OG, S, CB, ILB, OLD, TE, and C all fixed :sidelol:

Well if we are dreaming why not go:

1. Brady Quinn
2a. Calvin Johnson
2b. Joe Thomas
3. Justin Blaylock
4. LaRon Landry
6a. Leon Hall
6b. Patrick Willis
7a. Paul Posluszny
7b. Greg Olsen
7c. Ryan Kalil

That's QB, WR, OT, OG, S, CB, ILB, OLD, TE, and C all fixed :sidelol:

I think Blalock is a reach in round 3:D

I think Blalock is a reach in round 3:D

You might be right, but I was afraid if we waited on him someone else might scoop him up before our next pick in round 4 and then we might be stuck with a guy like Ben Grubbs :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom