Any danger of Sherman leaving? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any danger of Sherman leaving?

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last year Mike Sherman was a finalist for the Tampa Bay job before losing out at the last minute. Will there be any danger of him getting an offer this year? Hope not because although he is a bit conservitive, I think it could benifit to Tannehill's progress if it is the same system for year 2. If he were to leave, who is the best fit for OC?

I think there is ZERO chance of him leaving. IMO, he is here for the next few years grooming Tannehill.

He's too old and he hasn't had much success as a head coach at any level. He destroyed the Packers and TAMU started winning when they got rid of him. He's not going anywhere.

Why would it be considered "danger"? IMO he did a very average job this year. He needs to do a significantly better job next year.

If Buffalo fires Gailey, I could see Sherman being on their list again. The A list and B list coaches won't want to go to Buffalo, which puts Sherman in play for them.

I dont guess it's a danger but just the Tannehill progression staying on track is what I mean. I wish Sherman would turn him loose a little more but hopefully he will next season.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Who else is out there that would be an upgrade?

Last year Mike Sherman was a finalist for the Tampa Bay job before losing out at the last minute. Will there be any danger of him getting an offer this year? Hope not because although he is a bit conservitive, I think it could benifit to Tannehill's progress if it is the same system for year 2. If he were to leave, who is the best fit for OC?
Danger? I think it would be a blessing from heaven if he left.

he was a finalist for Tampa because the team wanted a guy that had experience with younger players, thus the reason why their top 2 were Chip Kelly and Greg Schiano. Kelly actually agreed to coach the Bucs, but backed out at the last second.

But as Nubs said, if people like Gailey or Mularkey get fired those are the type of jobs he'd get serious consideration from. And honestly, I'll laugh at any team that hires Sherman as a HC. Not because of his playcalling here, but he has been a mediocre HC in both college and the pros. Some of his issues in Green Bay were because he was the GM there as well.

Now people may say he had a good record in Green Bay, which he did, but the team under performed in the playoffs. He went 12-4 and lost to Mike Vick in Green Bay; first time the Packers had lost a home playoff game ever.

And while I do think Sherman's playcalling will improve, if he somehow gets a gig as a head coach, I don't think it would set us back that much if at all. Only time I felt losing a coordinator killed us was when Linehan left to coach the Rams.

I worry a ton about Mike Sherman leaving. He is one of the best things we got going for us and I would hire him as HC in a second.

It is vital he comes back to work with Tannehill next year.

There goes Mizfit again, thumbsdowning everyone but not having an opinion of his own. Love the guys who hide behind the curtain.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hahahaha.. Right.. Because he has proven he is such a great HC right.
I worry a ton about Mike Sherman leaving. He is one of the best things we got going for us and I would hire him as HC in a second.

It is vital he comes back to work with Tannehill next year.

If he left, I wouldn't mind getting Norv Turner as OC. He's a lot better offensive coordinator than head coach, and if memory serves me correct, he has been with us before as an oc and did well..

Back
Top Bottom