Any danger of Sherman leaving? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any danger of Sherman leaving?

Why would it be considered "danger"? IMO he did a very average job this year. He needs to do a significantly better job next year.
It is dangerous, because the Dolphins have a young quarterback that they are trying to develop. Continuity definitely has value.

There goes Mizfit again, thumbsdowning everyone but not having an opinion of his own. Love the guys who hide behind the curtain.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Hahahaha.. Right.. Because he has proven he is such a great HC right.

Hahahaha...Right...Because has has proven to be an excellent HC

1) 5 consecutive winning seasons
2) 2nd highest winning % in Packers history
3) Developer of QB's
4) Was coach and GM of the Packers
5) TAMU has three 1st rounders this year in the draft. Who do you think recruited them?

Yep....Sherman sucks. ****ing unbelievable.

Miami Dolphin fans are amazing. They bitch in a thread about lack of talent and then go on to complain that the OC cannot call plays.

I will say it again...Mike Sherman is one of the best things going for the Fins. If Sherman were to leave, let's see how you like Ken O'Keefe as OC. Holy ****.

There goes Mizfit again, thumbsdowning everyone but not having an opinion of his own. Love the guys who hide behind the curtain.

a70-1.gif

3) Developer of QB's
5) TAMU has three 1st rounders this year in the draft. Who do you think recruited them?

Miami Dolphin fans are amazing. They bitch in a thread about lack of talent and then go on to complain that the OC cannot call plays.

I will say it again...Mike Sherman is one of the best things going for the Fins. If Sherman were to leave, let's see how you like Ken O'Keefe as OC. Holy ****.

Being in Hawkeye Land, this scares the living crapola out of me.

3) Developer of QB's

Foxy, if Sherm was sooooo amazing… why'd they score more, win more, play better, scout & aquire better talent, after he was pushed out? just askin

Foxy, if Sherm was sooooo amazing… why'd they score more, win more, play better, scout & aquire better talent, after he was pushed out? just askin

I have no idea of the politics and happenings of TAMU of why he was pushed out. Maybe Kevin Sumlin needs to show he can win consistently without gravy training Sherman's recruits.

However, if you are believer in Ryan Tannehill then you better be a Sherman backer.

3) Developer of QB's

Well I will defend Sherman as a coach in the NFL from his time at Green Bay but his Texas A and M part does not even play into the equation, in fact it probably hurts his case.
25-25 at Texas and 0-2 in bowls.

Well I will defend Sherman as a coach in the NFL from his time at Green Bay but his Texas A and M part does not even play into the equation, in fact it probably hurts his case.
25-25 at Texas and 0-2 in bowls.

Mike Sherman is a quality NFL coach.

I have no idea of the politics and happenings of TAMU of why he was pushed out. Maybe Kevin Sumlin needs to show he can win consistently without gravy training Sherman's recruits.

However, if you are believer in Ryan Tannehill then you better be a Sherman backer.

He was pushed out because they were 25wins 25 losses with Sherman and had not won a bowl game with him. He was fired for lack of performance as a coach. Sumlin in one season with a freshman qb took them to a better record than Sherman ever did. As a coach its not good when someone else can take your guys and do a better job with them just saying.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Mike Sherman is a quality NFL coach.

Maybe he is but he was not a quality college coach at Texas A and M and was a huge dissapointment to the fans and the alumni.

He was pushed out because they were 25wins 25 losses with Sherman and had not won a bowl game with him. He was fired for lack of performance as a coach. Sumlin in one season with a freshman qb took them to a better record than Sherman ever did. As a coach its not good when someone else can take your guys and do a better job with them just saying.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Maybe he is but he was not a quality college coach at Texas A and M and was a huge dissapointment to the fans and the alumni.
Good thing we are on the Miami Dolphins forum, you know a NFL team.

Good thing we are on the Miami Dolphins forum, you know a NFL team.

Well his last job will be what teams are looking at for a head coach. Our offense has not been so good that some team will be like you know that Mike Sherman guy we got to hire him. Tampa was the only team looking at Sherman last year as HC and everyone knew they were not going to sign a big name. He is the OC for the 26th ranked offense in the NFL, not the kind of thing that gets u noticed for a head coaching job esp since we will not be having a winning record. If he were the OC for a playoff team, he might be getting notice.

My point he was not a good head coach in his last stop, his teams were constantly underachieving but I do think he is a much better NFL coach than a college coach.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

It will if we end up getting a POS OC afterwards.

who knows, there will probably be some good canidates out there but I doubt any team hires him this year

Well his last job will be what teams are looking at for a head coach. Our offense has not been so good that some team will be like you know that Mike Sherman guy we got to hire him. Tampa was the only team looking at Sherman last year as HC and everyone knew they were not going to sign a big name. He is the OC for the 26th ranked offense in the NFL, not the kind of thing that gets u noticed for a head coaching job esp since we will not be having a winning record. If he were the OC for a playoff team, he might be getting notice.

My point he was not a good head coach in his last stop, his teams were constantly underachieving but I do think he is a much better NFL coach than a college coach.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

who knows, there will probably be some good canidates out there but I doubt any team hires him this year
What did you expect our offense to look like with this mediocre offensive roster and rookie QB? I could care less what he did as a head coach in Texas A&M since he's a OC which is completely different but following this logic I guess Saban is a better NFL Coach since he' a beast in college?

What dod you expect our offense to look like with this mediocre roster and rookie QB? I could care less what he did as a head coach in Texas A&M since he's a OC which is completely different but following this logic I guess Saban is a better NFL Coach since he' a beast in college?

What the hell are u talking about, I was talking about the reasons that Sherman will not be looked at heavily for a head coaching job. As for your Saban comment, if Saban decided he wants to coach he could have basically any opening he wanted and teams would line up to hire him. We are not talking who is the better nfl coach,we are talking who is the more appealing canidate to a team that wants to hire a new coach.

As for the oc comments Im referring to what would catch the attention of teams wanting to hire Sherman based on the job he has done this year and he has not had enough results in my opinion to get looked at.

Back
Top Bottom