Any grocery stores open on Christmas day for tailgating supplies? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any grocery stores open on Christmas day for tailgating supplies?

BMM

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any grocery stores open in Ft Lauderdale on Christmas day? I'm a season ticket holder but live in Virginia and fly down for each game. I usually go to the grocery store the day before the game and get a grill, meat, etc for tailgating, but for the Christmas day game we're flying down on the day of the game.

I don't expect stores will be open, but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks.

Not really, the main grocery store chain is 'Publix' and they will certianly be closed, 'Winn-Dixie' might be open but I doubt it, the only one that I even remember being open one year is 'Albertsons'. You could check a out a Super Walmart too. You might want to start calling places or checking online to see if they are gonna be open.

Thanks.

I called Publix earlier today and they said that they will be closed. I'll try the others you mentioned...

In case anyone is in the same situation, I found out that Walgreen's will be open on Christmas day.

Dude Walgreens doesn't have ****. I found out that the "Winn-Dixie" on Dania Beach Blvd. will be open from 8am-3pm on Christmas Day, its about 10 mins. away from the Fort lauderdlae Airport. Its by "Neptune Fireworks"

Winn-Dixie
308 E Dania Beach Blvd.
Dania, FL 33004
954-920-0733

BMM said:
Thanks.

I called Publix earlier today and they said that they will be closed. I'll try the others you mentioned...

Awesome.......Super Target and Wal-mart might be open....

Dude Walgreens doesn't have ****. I found out that the "Winn-Dixie" on Dania Beach Blvd. will be open from 8am-3pm on Christmas Day, its about 10 mins. away from the Fort lauderdlae Airport. Its by "Neptune Fireworks"

Thanks for the head's up on Winn-Dixie. I should be able to make it (flight arrives in FLL at 01:40). When my wife spoke to the person at Walgreens, he indicated that they do have grills and charcoal. I guess I could probably also gets chips and stuff there (but no meat which was a big problem). Winn-Dixie being open will solve all of the problems though...

Thanks.

Walmart is closed on one day each year.....that one day is Christmas.

finfan01,

I received the PM from you, but I don't have enough posts for the site to let me reply to the PM (I've been on these boards for a while but have only posted a few times).

Anyway: To answer your question, I'm in row 22.

BMM said:
finfan01,

I received the PM from you, but I don't have enough posts for the site to let me reply to the PM (I've been on these boards for a while but have only posted a few times).

Anyway: To answer your question, I'm in row 22.

See ya there :lol:

row 16 here......oh a word of advice...if your seat # is higher...then you go in through the 415/416 entrance.....the lower it is.....go through the 414/415 entrance

ex......1-15, go through the 414/415 entrance......16-28 415/416 entrance :up:

finfan01,

Thanks. I usually go through the 414-415 entrance even though I'm higher up because my seats are nearer to 414 than 416. I get into the stadium pretty early so there's no crowd to worry about then. (Of course this year there hasn't been much of a crowd anytime - other than Bills, Patriots, and Packers fans).

Back
Top Bottom