Any interest in Woodhead? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any interest in Woodhead?

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
Danny Woodhead is a free agent going into his 5th year.

In 6 games against us he has touched the ball 46 times for 298 yards and 1 TD.

In 4 years with NE he has over 2300 yards from scrimage and 14 TD's and over 60 1st downs

Could he fit into our offense with a similar role?

We could subtract from the Patriots offense and add to ours. Any takers?

Eh he's overrated, he's a system player. He's solid but overrated. Lots of players on the Patriots offense would amount to nothing on other teams. They got the perfect system and they have Tom Brady. Only thing weak about their offense is their line but it's good enough to contend.

Thats kind of what I figured. Probably wouldn't do as good here.

Although you never know. Green Ellis was in a similar situation

4 years with Patriots and 2300 yards from scrimage.

He goes to Cincy in 5th year and puts up almost 1200 yards from scrimage.

Now I know that is not the norm for Patriot castoffs.

But, Woodhead could end up being somebodies gem.

What Vertical said. Nothing to it, we would overpay for him and he produce close to nothing for us.

Woodhead is good because Brady is on their team. Kinda like Marino , he made everyone else better around them.

I feel we'd be paying a lot of money for a situational player.

d-1

Woodhead is good because Brady is on their team. Kinda like Marino , he made everyone else better around them.

I feel we'd be paying a lot of money for a situational player.

d-1

Woodhead is only making 900K, Green Ellis had the same yards and 10 more Td over same 4 year period and he only got 3 years $9M from Cincy to be bell cow.

I'm thinking Woodhead might get a deal for around $2M per year as situational player. If we don't get Bush resigned he might be a good option for depth.

Miller as bell cow, DT on short yardage and Woodhead on 3rd down. Just a thought.

I'm tired of small running backs. I want a Ricky Williams type back. So I'm going to say to no.

He is the top rated free agent running back by pro football focus

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-running-backs/

He may be short, but he is not small. 5'- 9'' and 200 pounds.

MJD is almost the same size and one of the better bell cow backs in the league. 5'- 8'' 205 pounds.

Joe Morris for the Giants was the same size and put up 50 Td's and helped the Giants win the Super Bowl in 1987

Short backs can have success in the NFL. They need to have some meat on their bones and Woodhead does.

He is a third down back in the NFL. If we resign Reggie there would be no need for him because Reggie plays on 3rd downs. Only way I see us looking at him is if Reggie walks.

He is the top rated free agent running back by pro football focus

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-running-backs/

He may be short, but he is not small. 5'- 9'' and 200 pounds.

MJD is almost the same size and one of the better bell cow backs in the league. 5'- 8'' 205 pounds.

Joe Morris for the Giants was the same size and put up 50 Td's and helped the Giants win the Super Bowl in 1987

Short backs can have success in the NFL. They need to have some meat on their bones and Woodhead does.

Yeah, still going to pass. Give me Eddie Lacey please.

He's just meh to me. Nothing special and probably not worth what he gets. As someone said i think he's nothing more than a situational player in a system that suits him very well. I'm willing to bet he'd do nothing here so i certainly wouldn't be interested.

Back
Top Bottom