Any JT news?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by vere76, May 6, 2009.

1. vere76

vere76 Rookie

Any JT news?

2. PassRush

PassRush Drunken Sailor

Not that I have seen. After the falling out last season, if it was going to happen I think it would have happened by now.

3. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

No news is good news. Let the man prance.

4. hemidemon

hemidemon Starter

Last I read, Miami is not very interested in signing JT.

5. TrinidadDolfan

TrinidadDolfan 1st Team All-Pro

Yeah, he is practicing daily

[​IMG]

6. TrinidadDolfan

TrinidadDolfan 1st Team All-Pro

sorry, I just couldn't resist

hahahahahaha

7. Finfan53

Finfan53 17-0 Still Perfect

John Clayton on ESPN radio stated that Taylor is likely to sign with someone within the next two weeks, most likely Dolphins or Pats

8. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

john Clayton had a great report and reports that JT will "probably" sign with NE or Miami... I however also have a great report too and think JT will sign with NE, Miami, or "possibly" another team, which could possibly be any of the other remaining 30 teams not mentioned in this report :rimshot:

9. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

JT isn't coming back to the Dolphins, sorry.

10. KDog13

KDog13 "I See No Changes" - Tupac

possibly TB i heard

11. dolpns13

possibly :D

12. jvw

jvw Starter

My gut feeling is JT is trying to keep from having to be at all the off season workouts so he is not in any rush to sign. I think that's why our FO has decided not to pursue him as much as being reported. I would be surprised if Belicheat would allow him to miss most of the offseason, but after that butt whipping we put on him last yr he will do anything to keep that from happening again especially now when we added a new dimension to the wildcat.......your move Belicheat....

13. mikethewreck

mikethewreck Just a fan...

I still think JT is in the middle of a BP-BB (Belicheat) chess game right now. Neither team wants the other team to get JT cheap.

14. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I think if he were going to sign with the Pats it would have happened already!

15. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I believe if Miami wanted him, he would've been here already. I don't think it's going to happen. It's not like Miami had a huge dropoff in production with him not being out there last year.

16. #1Phins

#1Phins Starter

Chris Mortensen expects Jason Taylor to sign a deal with the Patriots in the next 2-3 weeks, if not sooner.

17. The_Phish

The_Phish A True Fan

It's not that I want him back as a Dolphin...but I will lose what little respect I have left for the man if he goes to the Pat's! Zach had respect and stated he hated the Pat's and wouldn't play there. I would hope JT would do the same. Although I am not holding my breath. Go Phins!

18. dolpns13

Lol... These guys crack me up...weeks, months, whatever... In 3 weeks if JT still hasnt signed with anyone yet, Mortenson again can report he expects JT to sign with the Patriots within the next 2-3 weeks.

I expect JT to sign a deal with a team before the start of the regular season. :up:

19. Dtronic

Dtronic Season ticket Holder Sec 150

That's what I heard too! He signs with an NFL team this year. BANK ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. dolpns13

See... I think our reports are more accurate than ESPN's... See how easy it is to be an ESPN reporter... Its like seeing black clouds in the sky and saying, I predict it will rain sometime in the next 30-60 minuutes :chuckle:

21. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

it wouldn't be his fault for going there. if their the only other team that wants him, and he still wants to play, it would be our fault for not taking him back. He's stated numerous times where he wants to play. I wouldn't blame him. After all... he did give us 11 years of his absolute best.

22. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG ~LACUNA LEGIONS~

I don't know if ANY of these Jason Taylor related rumors hold water. I've noticed that throughout all of this, it's basically been Taylor who's been the one talking / trying to cut a deal with someone. Neither Miami, New England, OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER has shown any serious interest in signing him so far. What's with the delay{s}, and why all of this "cloak and dagger" approach with Taylor??...

Whatever team is interested in signing Taylor, could at least make it known to the pubic that they're working on negociating a contract with him. We've seen none of that here, or with any other team in league for that matter. I'm not sure ANYONE wants to sign Taylor at this stage in his career. Especially if he still expects to get paid more than what he's worth. It certainly appears that his little stint on TV, along with his horrible return with Washington, has left him currently unemployed....

He's hoping someone takes the bait and signs him, but right now nobody appears to be fishing...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

23. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

If he is so great how could it possibly be that NE is the only team offering him a job.

24. dolpns13

i wonder what happened to his "acting" career.

25. jvw

jvw Starter

I bet JT wants big money......If he wants to sit out the summer he should, some team will come calling in Sept or Oct when injuries hit and he could come in and play that one yr and do it all again next yr. I'm ready to go into the season without him, and if NE signs him I'm sure we will be ready for him when we play against him. I don't blame JT for signing with NE, its a business and it works both ways.

26. dolpns13

Long will throw JT right on his ***

27. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

Profootball talk is reporting that JT and Patriots have a verbal agreement in place.

28. NYinBostonFin

NYinBostonFin Playoffs Please!!

Let NE have him.

29. dolpns13

:lol:

Is there even such a thing? Whats the point, if you both agree, just sign the contract... People are throwing out crap reports trying to get other teams to overpay for him, because neither Miami, nor the Rats want him.

30. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

“Handshake Agreement” In Place Between Pats And Jason Taylor?

Posted by Mike Florio on May 8, 2009, 10:51 a.m.
    There’s a phenomenon in old-school journalism that, in this age of the never-ending news cycle, can at times be misinterpreted.
    With space to fill and nothing else really happening right now for teams that don’t have minicamps this weekend, newspaper writers need to write something for placement in their newspapers. And so sometimes they’ll write news that isn’t really based on, you know, news.
    But the headline will suggest that it’s, you know, news.
    The content then will indicate that it’s primarily a rehashing of stuff that anyone with an Internet connection has known about for at least a week.
    And so we’ve received multiple e-mails today from readers who saw the item in the Providence Journal titled “Signs Point To Jason Taylor Landing In New England” and who in their apparent excitement regarding the much-anticipated move didn’t bother to realize that there’s not really anything in the article that advances the ball or suggests that anything is going to happen any time soon.
    The one new assertion we noticed in the article from Shalise Manza Young (and we really don’t intend this to be an indictment of Shalise or her well-written item — she was merely filling the space that her editor told her to fill) was that “some . . . believe” a ”handshake agreement” already is in place between the Pats and Taylor. And so we’ve opted to use that as the headline for this blurb
    Regardless, it’s becoming increasingly obvious to us that Taylor plans not to put pen to paper until the season of the underwear practices has ended. The guy gave up $8.5 million from the Redskins because he didn’t want to spend 25 days of his offseason working out with the team; surely, he won’t be signing a contract for far less than $8.5 million until all mandatory and voluntary involuntary workouts have concluded.

31. dolpns13

thank god you didnt waste your time writing this yourself. What the hell is Florio referring to, to tell us sports journalists are full of **** (something we already know), and that these journalists and "analysts" believe JT and BB shook hands in agreement on a contract... Some also beleve JT and BB DID NOT shake hands in agreement on a contract which holds just as much water as what is , dare I say, "reported".

This topic is Moronic. Who cares if he goes.. he is a shell of his former self and would get handled by our OL

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  32. Thumper1016

Thumper1016 A True Fan

Oh no my post doesn't meet your approval. What ever dude this is a forum to pass on information if you don't like it fine that is your opinion.

33. dolpns13

If you could understand what I was saying, you would have known I was referring to Florio, not YOU...