Any news on our picks?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hardhitn, Jul 28, 2009.

1. hardhitn

hardhitn Play Hard

Any news on Vontae Davis, Chris Clemons and Pat White? Training camp is here and I haven't heard any recent news about the front office trying to rush and sign our players.

Have any of you guys heard any news as of today?

2. Kiick72

Kiick72 Starter

Nope, but by the time camp starts we will have at least 2 of them signed up. Hopefully they will have all 3 by then. I am not sure what Clemons problem is, but I'll bet it has to do with contract length, 3 years or 4 years.

3. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

We still have 4 days until camp actually opens. I dont think 3 picks signed in 4 days is that big of a stretch.

4. Ricky4Life

Ricky4Life Repin the MIA in AZ!!

I think it more has to do with the FO trying to show Clemons agent how things are run around here. As I believe his agent released info and the FO doesnt like leaked info.

5. hdxstunts1

hdxstunts1 Member

I havent heard much but i think these guys are going to come in and be good and popular!

6. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

7. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

Contracts are being worked. We're right where we should be in terms of getting people signed. There are only about two or threee other teams doing better than us in terms of rookie signings.

8. DownUnderFin

DownUnderFin Out of towner Finheaven VIP Donator

I think it is odd the way it appears that most of the 1st rounders are holding back a bit from being signed. I realise it probably has a lot to do with the uncapped year and all that. It just seems like someone is saying, let's make a little show of this and have (most) 1st rounders hold back their signings, to show the NFL how much the players matter.

9. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

They will find out quickly how little they matter if thats the case.
    Chubbs

10. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

the players need to understand that they are hurting themselves more than their teams by holding out.

11. Gadsden86

Gadsden86 #1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan

Hope they sign by camp. Would be nice to have all our players ready to go come the start of camp.

12. DubVman

DubVman Starter

Michael Crabtree is primarily responsible for the hold up. He wants top 3 money so picks around and below him are holding off to see if he gets it and negotiate their deals accordingly. SIGN A CONTRACT ALREADY CRABTREE!!

13. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

They need to black ball Micheal Crabtree and keep the signing going. He got picked 10th not 3rd. He got injured in college which could have hurt his draft status. Crabtree and agent need to get real. People are just happy these days to have a job and if they can get a 3 % raise (called cost of living) then they are thrilled. The days of these rookeis players getting signed for 8 to 16 percent or more than last year should be coming to an end as it is pure greed. Eventually that greed will kill the sport as there is no way fans who get increases of lets say 3 % support a sport that gets double digit raises everyear. Logically a system built that way will collapse.

14. Kiick72

Kiick72 Starter

That's pretty much what I heard as well. Crabtree is trying for more money than his pick position and that is stalling everyone around them from signing. I also heard the 9ers aren't going for it either.

I don't think that has anything to do with Vontae though he is too far back in the 1st at 26th. This should only affect the top 16 picks.

15. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Still now word on OUR guys yet.. Man .. nothing like cutting it close. I really want Davis signed.. HE could develop into a legit starter.