Any players catch your eye? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any players catch your eye?

Not focusing on a particular player, this draft is pretty deep at RB, and I think Sony Michel highlights that. Few people talk about him because he's probably not a top 6 RB in this draft, but he's a damn good football player. There are gonna be RB's like Royce Freeman, Mark Walton, Rashaad Penny, and Ronald Jones that get pushed down to the 4th or 5th rounds because the pool of RB talent is so deep.

Both he and Jefferson project best as WLB 4-3 LBers, IMO. I'll wait to see how they test but I'm leaning Jefferson between the two.

The question becomes is a WLB the best thing the dolphins can do at 11? I'll take Moore over either of them and I bet he can be had in the 3rd. Maybe later. That's how I look at it, at least.
Another thing about Roquon Smith I’m concerned with is he’s listed as 6’1” but I think he’s going to be more like 5’11” when he gets tested. Not sure how that hurts him as a WOLB in coverage against bigger TE’s? I also agree about Malik Jefferson, he seemed to improve on his inconsistencies this year and did it at a position OLB, he’s just started to learn. Jefferson is just starting to scratch the surface of what he could be? But the question remains, Are they worthy of Pick #11

Roquan Smith... sign me up right now.

Yep, sign me up too! This guy flies all over the field. Sick of seeing linebackers on the Dolphins a day late and a dollar short every time. Taking bad angles and getting destroyed in pass defense. Kiko was god awful this year. He was so bad you have to blame the coaches too. In regards to Roquan Smith, my fear is he will now go higher than 11.

Both he and Jefferson project best as WLB 4-3 LBers, IMO. I'll wait to see how they test but I'm leaning Jefferson between the two.

The question becomes is a WLB the best thing the dolphins can do at 11? I'll take Moore over either of them and I bet he can be had in the 3rd. Maybe later. That's how I look at it, at least.

Dolphins also need to take a hard look at Trumaine Edmunds (OLB) from Va Tech. Dude is a player and he has the measurables (6-5, 245).

Dolphins also need to take a hard look at Trumaine Edmunds (OLB) from Va Tech. Dude is a player and he has the measurables (6-5, 245).

I like him as well. Mentioned him in the post prior. I'm scared his combine paired with the weak class will vault him into the 20s. Very fluid for someone that size. Could be a riser.

I liked what I saw from QB, Drew Lock, he throws a nice deep ball. Not sure if he’ll declare, but he’s got an arm.

Ferrell is a guy who we should look at hard in the 1st. We need a better pass rush

All I want is Derwin James.

I’d take Smith but someone has already pointed out my exact thoughts here, I see you Bob!

James is a freak athlete and will cover TEs just fine.

There's been questions about Malik as to how much he really love the game. We've had that before and I want no part of it. As far as Smith, I have concerns too. And he's a WOLB which means if you take him then he HAS to be a starter which means Kiko has to be benched. Will Gase benched Kiko? Keep on mind that Gase thinks Pouncey's the best Center in the NFL which is as dumb a statement as you can make when you consider that he's not even as good as his own brother.

I said before we could be in no man's land. Where is the value at 11? Unless one of the QB's fall to us in which case we'll be getting some offers for the pick. Do we move down?
I said before if Landry leaves then Sutton or Ridley could be the pick if one is there.
I don't see a DE worth taking there and the FO will NOT go o-line at 11 if at all

Of course what we do in free agency will determine part of what we do with the draft so it's hard to tell at this point

Ozzy rules!!

Josh Allen is a true wild card. If he falls to 11 we better be on the phone with Arizona and Jacksonville. He's a talented guy for sure, that arm is jaw dropping. I suspect Elway falls in love with him and he goes 5th.

I'd rather the Broncos land Allen and Mayfield goes to the Jets, than vice versa.

That's the way to get some more picks for sure.

All I want is Derwin James.

I’d take Smith but someone has already pointed out my exact thoughts here, I see you Bob!

James is a freak athlete and will cover TEs just fine.
The Good news is, I’ve seen several mock drafts where Darwin James has dropped out of the top ten picks, going in the teens. I’m having a hard time believing that could happen, supposedly, these mocks are saying he hasn’t looked the same this year, prior to his injury. In some cases it may take more than a year to recover from his type of injury. Something to keep an eye on and with a little luck he’s there at #11?

So many players. Smith, Nelson, Derwin James, Minkah Fitspatrick, Evans MLB from Ala, Ferrell DE from Clemson, Arden Key, Mark Andrews in the 2nd if he some how falls, 3rd round grab a QB like Drew Lock from Missori or Luke Falk from Wash St, RBs will be deep into the 4th round and we should be taking one there.

I would take Nelson with the 11th pick if could play center.

Back
Top Bottom