Any Surprise Releases or FA pickups after this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Surprise Releases or FA pickups after this season?

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
OK, so the Dolphins seem to be serious about building a championship team after this debacle of a season with all these coaching changes. The next step will be to turn their attention to the players, do you guys see any surprise releases besides Landry trade/cut or FA pickups after the season?

Who knows we might trade for Richard Sherman or that guy with the Rams. Tannebaum really wanted a big name corner last year. CJ Anderson is probably going to be acquired. I'd look for a run at Jimmy Graham as well

Who knows we might trade for Richard Sherman or that guy with the Rams. Tannebaum really wanted a big name corner last year. CJ Anderson is probably going to be acquired. I'd look for a run at Jimmy Graham as well
I keep hearing the Jimmy Graham chants, hopefully not....any surprise cuts from the roster?

I keep hearing the Jimmy Graham chants, hopefully not....any surprise cuts from the roster?
Does Pouncy count? I expect Julius Thomas, James (maybe being signed to a more team friendly deal), Timmons and Pouncy

If we trade for a soon to be 30 years old CB in Sherman after potentially letting Landry go....i will be none to pleased.

If we trade for a soon to be 30 years old CB in Sherman after potentially letting Landry go....i will be none to pleased.
I think or at least hope that the emergence of Howard as the season went on will lessen the desire for trading for a corner

I'd say it again. I think giving James the option instead of extending him reeks of trade bait.

Reid from SF didn't get a contract or his 5th yr option. He'll sure hit the market.

There's a starting safety, two OLBs and DE from Det hitting the market too.

Virgil Green, a blocking TE from Denver might also be looked at.

Not only is Sherman older but didn't he just had or will need another surgery? And we have Howard, Tank and Lippett. I know you can never have enough good corners but the money would be better spent on another position

Ozzy rules!!

OK, so the Dolphins seem to be serious about building a championship team after this debacle of a season with all these coaching changes. The next step will be to turn their attention to the players, do you guys see any surprise releases besides Landry trade/cut or FA pickups after the season?

Depending on how we define "surprise," yup. Happens every year. Ask again in March and there will be many

Not only is Sherman older but didn't he just had or will need another surgery? And we have Howard, Tank and Lippett. I know you can never have enough good corners but the money would be better spent on another position

Ozzy rules!!

The chase for a big name corner (Sherman and Johnson were rumored) was prior to Howard's emergence. That in addition to how well Tank performed as a rookie leads me to believe such pursuit is over with.

I don't think the staff expected Tank to sniff the field as a rookie behind Maxwell, Howard, Lippett/Verner, and McCain. But injuries (Lippett) and suckiness happened, and he took advantage of the opportunity.

CB is now a serious strength, IMO. Howard looks like a potential star, Lippett was very solid in 2016, McCain has finally put it together as a nickelback, and Tank showed a lot of promise as a rook. I know they like McTyer a lot as well.

What I like most about that group is that they're all young and still developing.

The chase for a big name corner (Sherman and Johnson were rumored) was prior to Howard's emergence. That in addition to how well Tank performed as a rookie leads me to believe such pursuit is over with.

I don't think the staff expected Tank to sniff the field as a rookie behind Maxwell, Howard, Lippett/Verner, and McCain. But injuries (Lippett) and suckiness happened, and he took advantage of the opportunity.

CB is now a serious strength, IMO. Howard looks like a potential star, Lippett was very solid in 2016, McCain has finally put it together as a nickelback, and Tank showed a lot of promise as a rook. I know they like McTyer a lot as well.

What I like most about that group is that they're all young and still developing.

But two of those guys are on their last year of their rookie deals . . . One of which missed the entire 2016 season and was still learning the position.

CB is sneakily a position that may get addressed harder than it seems. I don't believe Miami looks at it as a strength at all.

But two of those guys are on their last year of their rookie deals . . . One of which missed the entire 2016 season and was still learning the position.

CB is sneakily a position that may get addressed harder than it seems. I don't believe Miami looks at it as a strength at all.
I could see a CB being good value in the third or fourth round and a premium position where you can never have too many. I'd be shocked at a veteran addition via FA/trade though.

Back
Top Bottom