Any thoughts on why our 2017 QB starter is so hated by this author?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 44fin, Sep 11, 2017.

1. 44fin

44fin Rookie

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I think It's pretty self explanatory

3. Ray R

Ray R Active Member

44fin:
    I'm re-posting a response I had in another thread that I feel is a direct answer to your question.

"When I followed "Da Bears", while Gase was their OC, I was confused at their anger with Cutler. After watching a rehash's of their 1985? season that kept coming up, it became clear what those fans wanted. The Chicago fans are still waiting for incarnation of Jim McMahon for their QB. A physical quarterback who was basically nuts and was a "Bad Boy" who didn't take direction well. He was a behavioral copy of Mike Ditka. This is what Chicago fans crave. Anything else didn't measure up. This is the only explanation I could find for their strident, bordering on irrational complaints about Cutler. I now no longer consider Chicago Bears fans opinions worth listening to."

coalesce and Pandarilla like this.
  4. dolphintodd

dolphintodd FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

It is hard to like a guy with his demeanor, it is that simple. Who wants a guy that mopes and pouts when things do not go his way? Nobody. I am still hopong for the best.

5. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

Speaks volumes that this "journalist" is more concerned about writing a polarizing anti-Cutler article than giving factual details on what lead to a week 1 loss for the Bears.

In other words, Jay might not have been the biggest reason behind Chicago's lack of success.

6. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

We shall see but I saw a ton of bad QB play yesterday and some of it was by done of the young darlings of the NFL. We'll see where Cutler stands next week.

Jimi likes this.
  7. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

A successful season from Cutler and the Dolphins just might push this guy over the edge

maralieus likes this.
  8. kellyh3034

kellyh3034 Scout Team

Whatever. If he plays well they will say it's only one game. If he plays bad they, they meaning every expert out there, will say see I told u so.

9. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

if you find yourself getting overly optimistic about our offense this year, just check the Chicago press...youll find things like...

"At quarterback was a guy who isn't Jay Cutler" (on why the bears look fun again)

or the headlines...
    "It Always Comes Out Wrong With Jay Cutler"
    "The Cloud of Jay Cutler Has Lifted"

glowing praise fellas....

10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

Didn't wanna click because, well, Dumb-Sentinel, but to reprint an article from Chicago to cast a shadow on Cutler?

I guess that's the last swipe of a dying paper...It will NOT be missed.

Beach Bum 91 likes this.
  11. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I followed Chicago a bit during the Cutler era, and he is/was an extremely polarizing figure. So much talent paired with so much epic fail. When you combine that with an attitude that alternated between hostile and indifferent (especially in his losses), and you get someone who is not fondly remembered. His last year with Gase helped restore his reputation a bit, but Bears fans hold him at least partly responsible for 8 straight years of futility. He's really symbolic of that era, and so there were very few tears shed in Chicago when he left. Let's hope their "loss" is our gain though.

12. chuck dezl

chuck dezl clark griswald

didn't read it but I'm sure it's all the same. my wife and her family are bears fans. they laughed when we got Cutler and said they feel sorry for me and good luck. I haven't mentioned they could have had Devante Parker instead of Kevin White, I'll save that one for the right time...

coalesce and TheJetsBlow like this.
  13. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Yeah, he could take us to the super bowl, get to the 5 yard line for a chance to win it all and barely miss the gw throw and theyd be like "see, I told you cutler would fail this year"

Pandarilla likes this.
  14. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I've never been a big fan of Cutler either. But, I do recognize that he had his best season with Gase and that he has a lot of talent around him at the skill position in Miami.

Cutler's always had a big arm, but hasn't always been the best decision maker. My hope is that he has his best season yet in Miami. I think that could happen with Gase and the talent around him

Ray R likes this.
  15. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

Still wondering why a South Florida newspaper runs a Chicago columnist.

Seriously, this is exactly why people don't PAY to read hateful crap.

16. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Jay Cutler was toxic in Chicago especially after Lovie Smith got fired. But like with any organization that has been struggling you have to ask how much blame does the organization get as well, and it's probably 50/50

17. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

He's not the only one.

18. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

My cousin is a Bears fan... He detests Cutler lol.

chuck dezl likes this.
  19. DolfanISS

Clean slate for me. I'll tell you how I feel about him in January.

The way I feel is Gase has shown he won't tolerate a bad performer, see Turner, Thomas, Douglas from last year. He's going to give Cutler some time but if he's flat out blowing games with untimely picks he'll be removed. Gase will not sit back and let Jay Cutler ruin our season, I believe that. I think Jay will be fine, similar to Tannehill last season, not much more, not much less. Finheaven will still consider it a bad season though :=).

Ray R, coalesce and TheJetsBlow like this.
  20. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Cutler? Because he wasted his entire career despite having top tier natural talent?

21. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I have no issue with the sentiment- as skewed a perspective as it comes from. My problem is the basement blog-like (or Omar-like) emotionalism that has no place in a major Chicago newspaper, let alone the incendiary reprinting by the Scum-Sentinel (but then again, they're probably the only major metro market newspaper who'd employ Kelly.. so there's THAT too).

fishfanmiami and AZStryker like this.
  22. lurking

lurking FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

everybody does except some dolphins fans. Now that he's a fin some think he's going to take us to the super bowl..... Please.

Adam Strange likes this.
  23. DolfanISS

I don't think anyone thinks were going to the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone expected us to go with Ryan at QB. Exaggerate much?

24. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

Cutler will have a great year, lol at the fools who advocate for unemployed Crapernick. Believe it or not, Gase is little bit smarter than even our "smartest" fans lmao.

25. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Cutler's a decent NFL starting quarterback. He has issues, but he's not terrible. For us it was a no-brainer signing after Tannehill went down and allows us a chance to salvage our season.

However, to understand what's going on in Chicago, consider that the Bears couldn't keep Cutler while drafting a young QB to challenge him. Because Jay Cutler does indeed have 'attitude' problems. From an outsider's perspective, I would say he is 100% a 'reactive' personality. When something around him happens that is challenging or negative, he takes that on and wears it on his sleeve. So you wind up with a guy who just chucks the ball into coverage when his team is doing poorly or his receivers are screwing up, who throws toss-up balls off his back foot when the OL is sucking wind, etc. When the Bears drafted Trubinsky to be their quarterback of the future, they would have had a problem with Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler would have realized that he was just keeping the seat warm and it would have showed up on the field.

The big reason that Cutler and Gase worked so well together is that Gase is, from what I have seen, a true master motivator who has exceptional emotional intelligence. He's great at managing his players not just as pieces on the playing field, but as human beings. Cutler needs someone who can do that for him, to help keep him positive when things around him start going negative.

Ray R, JJM_7, coalesce and 4 others like this.
  26. lurking

I guess you don't read much, go through the threads you'll find them. and ryan had nothing to do with my post.

27. DolfanISS

I haven't seen any Super Bowl predictions at any point this offseason which is why I mentioned Ryan. My point was about the 2017 Dolphins. Saying Cutler will play well and the Dolphins will win the Super Bowl are 2 very, very different things. I've read plenty from posters who think Jay will have a good season. I've read 0 Super bowl victory predictions.

28. lurking

keep reading they're out there. i'm not making this crap up.
    - Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami.

- But now we're supposed to seriously consider that a guy they plucked out of the broadcast booth is going to win the Super Bowl with this team.

- Good grief. Cutler will not take us to the super bowl.

- These conditions are easy to judge when we quantify Cutler's achievements as a Super Bowl win or Championship win.

there has been talk of it, and that was a quick look.

29. DolfanISS

OH c'mon! I don't see any point blank the Dolphins will win the SB with Jay Cutler predictions. I see 2 hypotheticals and 2 where the opposite is stated in your examples. This is not a Super Bowl team regardless of the QB. Everybody should have easily seen that in like April.

30. FinfanInBuffalo

FinfanInBuffalo Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

LOL at the article.

"Consider the final moments of the game. The Bears had the ball close to the end zone with four downs to go, needing only a touchdown and an extra point to win against the heavily favored Falcons."

"With Cutler under center in the same situation, you could bet the farm he would disappoint. "

"But with Mike NotJayCutler... the Bears' failure to score"

:roflmao

Ray R and Pandarilla like this.
  31. lurking

Oh I see your point blank guy. you want exact verbiage, discussions about it isn't good enough for you. Whatever....

32. DolfanISS

Just don't think anyone truly sees or saw a Super bowl team here at any point this offseason. Cutler never changed that.

33. lurking

WTF If there's a discussion about it, that means some think it can happen, Which my original post stated.

34. DolfanISS

Sorry to be a stubborn *** but we can agree to disagree. I've heard and presented tons of hypotheticals nobody thought were really possible in various discussions. We see it all the time on here. I'm sure there are folks here who think the 2017 Dolphins could win the Super Bowl regardless of who the QB is. My guess is those posters are few and far between. You could put it to bed by giving me 5 usernames that are on seriously on the we will win the super bowl with Jay Cutler bandwagon. To be clear that's not the same wagon as the Cutler is better than Tannehill one. I believe there are many more posters, but probably still not that many, who truly believe the latter whether I agree with them or not. I have a hard time believing there are many, if any, who truly believe we will win the SB with Cutler, or would have with Tanny for that matter, regardless of what hypotheticals are discussed on here.

That's it I'm putting this to bed, lets just disagree.

35. lurking

Boy did you circle jerk this post. I don't have to prove anything to you and It's against the TOs to call out other posters, which I'm not going to do.
    I provided a discussion about the topic and that's all I have to do.

36. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

The difference is that as partisan fans, there's enough there with Cutler to offer a glimmer of hope, as elusive as that is. Compare that to the majority, without heads up behinds, who on the basis of Tannehill's last 8 games had reasonable "hope," that was never confused with "expectation," but on the other spectrum, neither was it baseless.

lurking likes this.