Any update on gaining back the cap space? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any update on gaining back the cap space?

AggieFin21

The 12th Man
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about regaining the 8 million that Ricky owes us? (and be damn sure he does owe us..)

I'm also a little confused about the NFLPA's position in this. Are they contractually obligated to help Sticky Icky Ricky in this matter or is it their choice? If it was their choice I would think it would be in their best interest to leave it alone. Not only has Williams openly professed to frequent drug use during the season but has also let out that there is a masking agent that provides players with saftey against the testing. I would think this would anger other players around the league who have been using the masking agent to cover up their weed use. Also if they are contractually obligated to help him, would that contract still hold up w/him being retired? I would hope it wouldn't but logic would say it would. It's kinda like us still owning the rights to him as a player for the next 3 year. But then again, techincly he isn't a player anymore. Any insite to this matter would be most helpful.

1) The NFLPA must help Ricky. He was a player. He is now a retried player. He paid his UNION DUE's as a player. They must help him to the best of their ablilties.

2) The cap space is back. The $8 mil you talk of is something totally different. That is just cash the fins/saints paid out to Ricky. But in salary cap space, that is all back.

I really hope we can get that 8 mill away from him. Bet you that would make him regret his decision in a few years.

At the least I'd spend the next 5 years making RW's life a living hell if I were the Dolphins.

Paybacks a *****!

MikeO said:
1) The NFLPA must help Ricky. He was a player. He is now a retried player. He paid his UNION DUE's as a player. They must help him to the best of their ablilties.

2) The cap space is back. The $8 mil you talk of is something totally different. That is just cash the fins/saints paid out to Ricky. But in salary cap space, that is all back.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info...

That 8 mill doesnt benefit us... it benefits Wayne as the owner. Its not like we can take that 8 mill and go sign someone. its different from the cap. We got a little over 3 mill this year in cap space for ricky retiring and thats all we got.

Iamlegend said:
That 8 mill doesnt benefit us... it benefits Wayne as the owner. Its not like we can take that 8 mill and go sign someone. its different from the cap. We got a little over 3 mill this year in cap space for ricky retiring and thats all we got.
Yes, but I think the poster was referring to the idea of just sticking it to Ricky, just as he did the team. I think that post was more meant as a slap at Ricky than a help to the team.

I personally don't really care any more about Ricky. Training camp has started, preseason is right around the corner, I am just desperate for some football games!!

Back
Top Bottom