Any word on Kirby? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Kirby?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I liked him when he was with the phins in the 90's but he's 34 and I don't know how much he has left in the tank. He was a great pass catcher but I don't know if he can give the phins 7-12 carries a game to spell Minor.

phinfan2003 said:
I liked him when he was with the phins in the 90's but he's 34 and I don't know how much he has left in the tank. He was a great pass catcher but I don't know if he can give the phins 7-12 carries a game to spell Minor.

You know, this Kirby deal makes me wonder. Why would you even consider him? I know why. Kirby was really good out of the backfield on third downs. Trestman knows him and is the guy vying for him. He wants a guy who can catch the damn ball and get the first down. Kirby would not be the starting RB but the guy who comes in on third down. One does get the feeling like this offense will change in alot of ways. One gets the feeling like 3WR and Travis getting the ball on draws and misdirections and pass setups while running the ball are more in order. Much like the Vikings run the ball succesfully with the pass first mentality. I do believe we have some talent at WR now and if Boston can really turn it on again, you suddenly have a team that will come together.

I think that is a great idea provided that he can still give us some carries. If he's only there to catch passes on 3rd, then who's going to give Minor a blow on 1st and 2nd down?

phinfan2003 said:
I think that is a great idea provided that he can still give us some carries. If he's only there to catch passes on 3rd, then who's going to give Minor a blow on 1st and 2nd down?
Leonard Henry should compliment him nicley, or atleast we would hope. I still want to get Mack in here. A thunder lightining approach is what i feel we should do. If we still have room for Kirby with Minor, Henry and Mack, i would love to bring in Kirby for those 3rd downs. At this point, it couldnt hurt having 4 HB's on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom