Anybody draft that Florida State PK that doesn't miss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody draft that Florida State PK that doesn't miss?

Tampa traded up and took Berto in the 2nd.

With all the people we have bit***** on here about the rest of our picks when indeed are solid picks could you imagine this board had we drafted this guy in 2nd? Site would overload till OTA's started.

With all the people we have bit***** on here about the rest of our picks when indeed are solid picks could you imagine this board had we drafted this guy in 2nd? Site would overload till OTA's started.
Personally, I wouldn't totally hate the pick. At least TB doesn't have to worry about a kicker for a decade. Honestly, I don't feel too comfortable with Franks kicking a 45 yarder with the game in the line.

I would never take a kicker that high, not even Janikowski. Especially today's era where Ks are becoming obsolete, sadly.

But at least Tampa and Jacksonville draft home state players. Whenever Miami actually does they're either injury busts like Yatil Green or we let them leave via FA like Vernon and Miller. FSU has been one of the top college programs especially on D and we don't even sniff a single 'Nole?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I would never take a kicker that high, not even Janikowski. Especially today's era where Ks are becoming obsolete, sadly.

But at least Tampa and Jacksonville draft home state players. Whenever Miami actually does they're either injury busts like Yatil Green or we let them leave via FA like Vernon and Miller. FSU has been one of the top college programs especially on D and we don't even sniff a single 'Nole?

Pass some of that crack this way. Kickers are more valuable than they ever have been with these new rules.

:err:

2015 leading scorers - top 10:

1. Stephen Gostkowski*+ · NWE 151
2. Graham Gano · CAR 146
3. Chandler Catanzaro · ARI 137
4. Blair Walsh · MIN 135
5. Josh Brown* · NYG 134
6. Cairo Santos · KAN 129
7. Justin Tucker · BAL 128
8. Robbie Gould · CHI 127
Steven Hauschka · SEA 127
10. Brandon McManus · DEN 125

If clarification purposes are needed, they are all kickers.

Pass some of that crack this way. Kickers are more valuable than they ever have been with these new rules.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/kicker-position-nfl-obsolete-data-humoristic-analysis-pelechrinis

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

2. Graham Gano · CAR 146
4. Blair Walsh · MIN 135
5. Josh Brown* · NYG 134

Ummmm kickers are always top scorers in the NFL. What does that prove?

Apparently you missed the humor in that article. Seriously, you completely missed the joke.

Is the kicker position in NFL obsolete? A "data humoristic" analysis
What I was getting at is the NFL is slowly phasing out Special Teams.

People are seriously still snakebit after Caleb Sturgis...if you make over 80% of your kicks, which Andrew Franks did last year, you stay employed in the NFL. If Franks gets replaced it'll be because he got outperformed in camps and preseason by an undrafted invitee.

People here wanted Dan Carpenter gone...he is one of the best kickers in the NFL now and has come back to haunt us every time we play Buffalo.

2. Graham Gano · CAR 146
4. Blair Walsh · MIN 135
5. Josh Brown* · NYG 134

How is that possible? Any QB that threw for 30TD's already scored 180

Id love an elite kicker. Good for the bucs, hope it works out

Back
Top Bottom