Anybody have insight to Jim Leavitt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody have insight to Jim Leavitt

The Confessor

Doesnt play well with others
Reaction score
As a die-hard Alum of the University of New Mexico, I am really hoping for a turnaround after the absolute ATROCITY we just went through for head coach of the Football program.
During his 2-1/2 years as head coach

Mike Locksley took what was a promising program (Rocky Long did great things there) and is best known for:
He was brought up on charges of Sex Discrimination charges
He hit an assistant coach
He let a kid who didnt have a drivers license drive his car, which was pulled over by police. This kid was of SERIOUS character question.
He led the Lobos to a 2-26 record in the above average MWC.

Now, one name that is lingering is one that many of you in Florida might have insight to. I know he also has a questionable record against him for hitting a player I believe.

Can anybody give me insight to Jim Leavitt?

As a die-hard Alum of the University of New Mexico, I am really hoping for a turnaround after the absolute ATROCITY we just went through for head coach of the Football program.
During his 2-1/2 years as head coach

Mike Locksley took what was a promising program (Rocky Long did great things there) and is best known for:
He was brought up on charges of Sex Discrimination charges
He hit an assistant coach
He let a kid who didnt have a drivers license drive his car, which was pulled over by police. This kid was of SERIOUS character question.
He led the Lobos to a 2-26 record in the above average MWC.

Now, one name that is lingering is one that many of you in Florida might have insight to. I know he also has a questionable record against him for hitting a player I believe.

Can anybody give me insight to Jim Leavitt?

I. Is. Confused.

Getting rid of a guy who hit a coach, to hire a guy who hit a player?

Great defensive mind. Was a pretty good head coach. I think he'd be a great hire for Lobos. I actually wouldn't mind him at all as the Dolphins DC should we hire a head coach who wants to run the 4-3.

I. Is. Confused.

Getting rid of a guy who hit a coach, to hire a guy who hit a player?

Hitting his assistant coach is probably one of the more mild things he did, as messed up as that sounds. Locksley is literally the worst head coach in NCAA history...

Supposedly, Terry Bowden's in the mix for the UNM job. I still think Leach would be your best bet.

Supposedly, Terry Bowden's in the mix for the UNM job. I still think Leach would be your best bet.

Actually, I haven't seen Bowden's name mentioned yet. You have any linky or anywhere I could google?

Would LOVE Leach, but, I would be very very very very surprised if he doesnt end up at Ole Miss. He would have the opportunity to bring his style to the best conference in College and prove those shallow minded idiots at T2 blew it. If he could go into Ole Miss and be as competitive a he was with the Red Raiders, that would be an incredible crown jewel.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7242433/bob-davie-new-mexico-lobos-coach

Read about it last night someplace else, but I guess it's official now.

Yep, been reading about it when I can today.

At this juncture, I am thinking this is a HUGE step-up for the Lobo's. Hell, if he can go .500 next year in the dwindling MWC, its a huge step in the right direction.

Okay, anybody have any insight about Bob Davie aside from all generic news I have been reading? IIRC, he was actually a pretty solid coach at Notre Dame.

Should be a good game between the Lobos and Aggies tonight.

ACTUALLY, it should be a blow-out.

This years lobo B-ball team is going to sleep up and kill some good teams.

Keep an eye on one Soph they have in the middle. Kid named Alex Kirk.
I was working for his dad they day the brought him home from the hospital, and in fact, his Grandmother married my wife and I. Good kid from a great background, and one of 4 incredible true SOPH's on the team.

Drew Gordon has LOTS to prove this year, and Alford seems to be the best thing to happen to the Duke City in a decade.

Back
Top Bottom