Anybody interested in drafting Langfords twin??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody interested in drafting Langfords twin???

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Name: Desmond Bryant
College: Harvard Pos: DE
Height: 6055
Weight: 288
40 Yrd Dash: 4.92
20 Yrd Dash: 2.82
10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 35
Vertical Jump: 31
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone Drill: 7.44

He's stronger at the bench... This guy could possibly be had in the 6th round to challenge Rod Wright, who hasn't been showing much progress since being on the team, and Lionel Dotson.

I like Wright he has some Pass rush Potential in him. Dotson will make ou team IMO if we don't draft a Nt in this draft. But if he's there in the 6th whynot???

I like Wright he has some Pass rush Potential in him. Dotson will make ou team IMO if we don't draft a Nt in this draft. But if he's there in the 6th whynot???

We have guys like Rod Wright and the New 3-4 DE acquired from Jacksonville that have the size to play the position, but Rod Wright has not been making a name for himself and Tony McDaniel is a question mark. I personally don't think it would be a mistake to draft this guy in the last 2 rounds. He has the size.

KEvin Vickerson is a perfect example of a 3-4 DE that was drafted late and has panned out... Unfortunately, it's not with us, it's with Tennessee...

clear.gif

nfldraftscout ranks him the 52nd DE in the draft and a solid UDFA. He seems like a workout warrior. Even playing in the Ivy League, he was only 2nd team All Conference

"01/07/09 - 2008 ALL-IVY LEAGUE FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM: DL -- Desmond Bryant, Harvard (Sr., Elizabethtown, N.C.), has been selected All-Ivy League Football Second Team for the 2008 college football season as voted on by the league head coaches. Bryant put considerable pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 20 tackles (12 solo), 4.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a team-best eight QB hurries. - Harvard football"

why not?
If he is going to be an UDFA i say we definitely take a look at him. It wouldn't hurt at all.

He's stronger at the bench... This guy could possibly be had in the 6th round to challenge Rod Wright, who hasn't been showing much progress since being on the team, and Lionel Dotson.
I like Kyle Moore, DE USC more in the 4th-5th rd. area. I like how he holds the POA and possesses good strength of a DE in a 3-4 Defense.

But, good prospect in the 7th round.

nfldraftscout ranks him the 52nd DE in the draft and a solid UDFA. He seems like a workout warrior. Even playing in the Ivy League, he was only 2nd team All Conference

"01/07/09 - 2008 ALL-IVY LEAGUE FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM: DL -- Desmond Bryant, Harvard (Sr., Elizabethtown, N.C.), has been selected All-Ivy League Football Second Team for the 2008 college football season as voted on by the league head coaches. Bryant put considerable pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 20 tackles (12 solo), 4.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks and a team-best eight QB hurries. - Harvard football"

I'm not suggesting we take him in the 2nd or 3rd round... More like a 6th or 7th. Hell, why not in the 5th? All players in the 5th rounds have question marks anyway.

Miami offered him a contract after the draft but he chose to sign with the Oakland Raiders.... Redskins and Eagles offered him a contract too.

Miami offered him a contract after the draft but he chose to sign with the Oakland Raiders.... Redskins and Eagles offered him a contract too.

Probably came down to him seeing the field and starting position quicker in Oakland then here in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom