Anybody worried about bills and jets drafting both draft ahead of miami???

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fisi, Dec 31, 2012.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. fisi

fisi A True Fan Donator

I don't remember in any recent draft that both teams pick right before we pick. They could make things very interesting.

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Both those teams might be reaching for quarterbacks at that spot. Not to concerned, but we will see once the draft gets closer.

3. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the jets and bills should be after qbs with their top picks but the jets if it's not qb should go pass rusher...and i think they'd jump on mingo if he got to them...and that bums me out...then again they may prefer a dmontre moore or a dion jordan...jordan especially has the skill set to play 34 olb...he needs to play standing up

4. nando03

nando03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I believe that they'll be looking QB too. I hope so. Nothing like your rival team reaching for a QB in a not so QB friendly draft. :)

5. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Yeah, a QB early, but that's only the 1st round. Every round they have picks in front of us. They could steal some good players and that will get frustrating.

6. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i see the jets draft needs as pretty much being free safety they need range at the position going with two strong safeties like they did this year will catch up with them, right tackle a dj fluker fits the power downhill scheme and with that high 2nd rounder i think he could be a target, qb obviously, and pass rusher...all major needs

7. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Neither the Jets or Bills are going to look at Miami's needs when they draft. So if it's the Jets and a QB and top WR are sitting there, they will go with whichever suits them best, not automatically take the WR because we need one. That's just a dumb draft strategy.

8. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

I see the Bills reaching for a QB in the first round with the Jets taking one in the 2nd. Frankly I'm more worried about the Chargers picking 1 slot ahead of us, it seems their team needs are almost exactly the same as ours.

9. PhinMagic

PhinMagic A True Fan

Theres 11 teams in front of us in every round. Every year no matter who is in front of you has the potential to steal guys that you want. Any competent gm wont draft a player just to keep a team in their division from taking him if they don't have a need at that position. You wouldn't see the saints take a QB in round 1 just to stop the Bucs from getting him when their defense is the worst in the league. ( Obviously the bucs dont need a qb but its just an example) I think its a mute point, but like i said, a competent GM.......something the jets and bills lack, so yeah maybe you got a point.

10. LtDan

LtDan I am a Dan but not a Lt.

different needs so not at all

11. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

I am more worried that Ireland is running Miami's draft than I am about where the Jets and Bills pick.

12. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Why do you care?

13. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

they both will fight over micheal vick apparently but rex keeps his job sanchez might get one more year without wildcat. lol. They both might end up drafting QB's in 2nd round on looking for the next mr. wilson.

14. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

With so many teams needing QB's I think good players get pushed to 12.

15. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

really? I would be worried if Belichik did but these guys? And they will both have new GM's, new everything. I think the Jets just drafted a 4-3 DE and now they will draft a 3-4 guy while the carolina kid becomes a bust playing in the wrong system.

Joe Philbin knows the kind of player he wants. Wont always score but who does? Ireland rarely drafts first round busts and second rounders havent beel all bad although Misi took a 4-3 change to become the LB he is suppose to be.

16. ChambersChamps

ChambersChamps Rookie Donator

No bc they both suck!! Jets and Bills are train wrecks!

17. ryanosaur2000

ryanosaur2000 A True Fan Donator

Hmmm...let us just hope that Tannehill does not turn out to be such a reach eh?

18. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Yeah, some fans seriously need to look in the mirror before they laugh at another team reaching for a QB.

19. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

No need to get bent out of shape over something you can't control. So they pick ahead of the Dolphins, that isn't a guarantee of anything.

20. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

Ireland running Miami's draft is like Forest Gump's line about "life being like a bunch of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!" While everyone wants a playmaker, it would not surprise in the least if Ireland traded down for additional acorns like that great TE Egnew that he picked, or that formiable running back Thomas, or the Ray Lewis impact linebacker, Koa Misi. So yes, Ireland running Miam's draft is of more concern than where New York or Buffalo pick.

21. J Tes

J Tes next generation

Couldn't care less. It's not where you draft, its who you draft when you do

22. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

It's hard to say where we go w/ a new GM. Hopefully he is smart enough not to reach for another QB and to provide quality talent around the QB.

23. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

How quickly you change your tune. I thought Sanchez was the future franchize QB? Now he was a reach? You argued in great lengths that Sanchez was the one even up till a few weeks ago before you disappeared, while we stated that he was clearly the worst starting QB in the league. Perhaps Dolfans know a little more about your team than you think. It sucks they fired Tennenbaum but hopefully the new GM will retain loudmouth and he will keep The Meatball.