Anyone Believe In A Playoff Miracle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Believe In A Playoff Miracle?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
The odds on the Dolphins making the playoffs have to be at least 50 to 1. However, still having something to play for in week #16 far exceeds what the vast majority thought possible of this team.

Screw the draft position, go out and kick some Buffalo ass, and let the chips fall where they may. It may not mean much but, winning, especially at home, does mean something.

I think it's entirely possible that the Jets lose a game, the Steelers eke out a win against the Bengals today, and both of those teams definitely have a shot to lose next week.

However, I don't see this Dolphins team beating the Patriots in Foxboro, so...

One week at a time. All they need to do is win and give themselves a chance.

I think it's entirely possible that the Jets lose a game, the Steelers eke out a win against the Bengals today, and both of those teams definitely have a shot to lose next week.

I think we will still be in it after this week. Next week is much more difficult to expect. Beating the Pats is very unlikely, as is Pitt losing to Cleve. It is still some fun to watch the game, and know it could matter, however unlikely.

Well maybe if we had more actial nfl receivers and actual good nfl corners but I guess thats too much to ask

it would be truly a miracle as u stated if we made the playoffs.

this week is not even the hard part, but next week needing a baltimore team that will have clinched the division already and no chance at a 1st round bye, so basically nothing to play for, going into cincy and beating a desperate bengals team for everything to play for, and then a cleveland team that is deff playing better, but still going into heinz field and winning vs a steeler team that must win, and then us going into foxboro in a game that pats will need to have for any chance at a 1st round bye or seeding in general.

if we make the playoffs, the dolphins fortunes will have been totally reversed and we would be one lucky team

sad part is if we had just beaten the ****ing cards, jets, bills, and titans, 4 atrocious teams, or heck even go 2-2 in those games, good shot we would make playoffs. unfortunately, in 3 of those 4 game, being the jet, titan, and bill game, our offense decided to not show up

In RealVille, where I live, this team would not be a factor if it did make the POs. There for, I rather this team, especially Tannehill finish strong. Win or lose.

I'm still not entirely clear on what it would take for us to make it, but I think you just clarified it, but just to be sure:

-the Steelers need to beat the Bengals today
-the Dolphins need to win the next two games
-the Steelers and Bengals both need to lose their last game of the season
-the Jets need to lose one of their last two games

Is that all that is needed?

Bengals play the Ravens the final week, so I could seem them losing that.
Steelers play the Browns the final week, so that one is probably not happening for us.
I think we can take Buffalo today, I don't feel good about our chances against the Pats.
Jets have the Titans and Chargers the next two weeks, I think they'll lose one of the two (probably the Chargers).

So overall, while not impossible, I would certainly say a miracle is exactly what would be needed in this particular scenario.

Definitely a long shot but this has been a strange year. Just win today baby and lets the chips fall where they may.

it would be truly a miracle as u stated if we made the playoffs.

this week is not even the hard part, but next week needing a baltimore team that will have clinched the division already and no chance at a 1st round bye, so basically nothing to play for, going into cincy and beating a desperate bengals team for everything to play for, and then a cleveland team that is deff playing better, but still going into heinz field and winning vs a steeler team that must win, and then us going into foxboro in a game that pats will need to have for any chance at a 1st round bye or seeding in general.

if we make the playoffs, the dolphins fortunes will have been totally reversed and we would be one lucky team

sad part is if we had just beaten the ****ing cards, jets, bills, and titans, 4 atrocious teams, or heck even go 2-2 in those games, good shot we would make playoffs. unfortunately, in 3 of those 4 game, being the jet, titan, and bill game, our offense decided to not show up

This game isn't the hard part? Please remind me who won the last meeting. This is the NFL, every game is the hard part.

One week at a time. All they need to do is win and give themselves a chance.

This. Can't worry about what other teams do, just know that they need to win out to put themselves in a position to possibly make the playoffs.

miracle_on_iceeruzione_goal_celebration-1.jpg

Definitely a long shot but this has been a strange year. Just win today baby and lets the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, beat the Bills and throw the Buffalo chips against the wall to see if anything sticks. :)

IF this were to happen, it would be Miami's "Miracle On Ice."

Back
Top Bottom