Anyone catch Drew Stanton on Channel 7 last night? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone catch Drew Stanton on Channel 7 last night?

YetanotherFan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
He was on Steve Shapiro's show last night at 11:00pm est. 3 questions came to mind, not a direct quote though ... just from what I remember.

Question 1 from Steve - So the Phins had you in to talk 4 times?

Answer 1 from Drew - Well they looked at me at the combine and I had a work out for them also.

Question 2 from Steve - So you have a chance to be drafted by the Lions.

Answer 2 from Drew - I like it here and am really getting used to the weather.

Question 3 from Steve - What are your plans for the draft?

Answer 3 from Drew - I am staying here and my family is flying in to be with me.

I thought he interviewed well and didnt really answer the questions out right like a politician hehe. Seems the phins are pretty high on him seeing how, as Steve said, they took a look at him on 4 different occasions. Not sure if this means anything but he is staying here and I wonder if CamRam are really hoping to land this guy or just covering all the tracks. Let me hear what you all think or if any of you all caught the show.

If the Lions don't pick a QB in the first, I read that they are looking to pick Santon in the second round. Could be smoke, you never know.

i think the dolphins prefer kolb...but i love stanton...he would need a few years to learn but his skill set is amazing...and i can tell you, as a person and a leader, hes first rate...

Dolphins management, you can bet all the money in Portugal, that we looked at every Qb prospect over and over and over again to come to consensus on at least 3 or 4 QB's and then possibly to draft another one late. I could see this all the way.

Nice...I really like Drew...and if that can allow us to take Amobi or Levi in the first and still pick up a WR in the second then DO IT

The only other Qb that they have interviewed more is Quinn. So yes, I believe he's one of a handfull of Qb's the Phins are interested in. In my opinion this is how they have rated their Qb's:

1- Quinn
2- Stanton
3- Beck
4- Kolb
5-Edwards

I dont think they see Russell as a Qb that they can get (will be too much to move up as high as they need to move up to get him).

Back
Top Bottom