Anyone else against picking a DB in the first | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else against picking a DB in the first

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In today's NFL where you cant play defense without getting penalized the only way to really defend the pass is with a great pass rush (and even then you better hit the QB nicely) and great defensive schemes. How many corners are there that can actually overcome these rules to shut down a receiver. I know our secondary needs help but improving our pass rush is a better idea.

Seattle has shown that you can play tough on wr with your corners, they bump, push, and hand-fight the entire route. It all depends on the scheme and technique.

Umm not opposed at all. Get me Milliner and I'll be happy, or even Banks for that matter.

for my money, milliner is the only CB I want in the first. I might be inclined to take a free safety... but if I dont get a shot at milliner at 12, I'm waiting til the 2nd or 3rd for a CB...desmond trufant and terry hawthorne come to mind.

I don't see anyone that would make enough of an impact to deserve being taken in the first. I'd rather spend a first rounder on an explosive pass rusher. A good pass rush makes the entire secondary better.

Back
Top Bottom