anyone else agree??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else agree???

WatCanBrownDo4U

Impossible Is Nothing
Reaction score
anyone agree that dante culpepper has yet to prove him self as a miami dolphin.. i am willing to give him another chance because of his so called injury excuse but i still think we should draft a qb in the 2nd round or pick up green or carr as an insurance policy.. because i still believe culpepper still has something left in him and he might just prove the whole nfl wrong next season to come.

what do u guys think???

anyone agree that dante culpepper has yet to prove him self as a miami dolphin.. i am willing to give him another chance because of his so called injury excuse but i still think we should draft a qb in the 2nd round or pick up green or carr as an insurance policy.. because i still believe culpepper still has something left in him and he might just prove the whole nfl wrong next season to come.

what do u guys think???

I disagree, STRONGLY. He was damaged goods when we got him, but even BEFORE the injury in Minny he was playing the worst season of his career. I never wanted him, I was PISSED when we got him, and I cannot WAIT to get rid f him. He is just another failed attemt at finding a QB that will be a long-term starter for us. Even IF he comes back from the injury he was already on the decline, so he will only be effective for a couple more years, meaning we have to do this entire process over again then. No, get rid of Daunte and do what you can (within reason) to get Quinn. 8 years is WAY to long to finally commit to young, franchise-worthy QB.

It's almost like they are PURPOSELY avoiding getting a good QB because they think Dan wants to be in the spotlight forever or something :lol:

I have seen Daunte many times around town and he appears to be walking fine but as much as I love him I don't think he will be ready for 16 NFL games.

We absolutely need to draft our QB in the first two rounds if possible. Depending how the draft falls, we may not be in position to pick one of top 3 QB's. If so, we may be stuck with C'Pep. I would prefer to build our O-line, WR, and Defensive depth than reach for a QB that will unlikely ever be a starter. I would consider Carr if the price is right as competition for C'Pep but dont want Green due to age. Only way I'd want Green is if we land a QB in the first two rounds so Green can mentor a young guy.

what do u guys think???

Man if you saw the video of his injury I dont think you would label it "so called". The rear angle shows it clearly and that db almost broke his leg in half. It was not as bad as Krumrie or Theissman, but it was a gruesome. The rest of your post I don know. He was playing behind a poor oline and was gimpy from a previous knee injury. Is he done ? I dont know. I hope not.

what do u guys think???

IMO we shouldn't draft a QB 1st day this year. If Zabransky or Edwards are available 2nd day, yes , draft one of them, but I don't like this years choice's on the first day.

I think we should sign Carr and make the Green trade.

Then try and convince Daunting Culpepper to renegotiate his contract and be traded.

He needs to go. Some of this problems last year were a product of his injury, but there were other mistakes that had to do with poor decision making. He can not have surgery to fix his gametime decisions.

It would be great if Culpepper came back to form, but that is a big what if. Even if DC comes back, how much punishment can his knee absorb and will he need to wear a knee brace such as Marino wore.
No one likes to think players target a player's injured limbs but it happens and if Culpepper plays some players will go after the knee so what can it take?

We need to target a quarterback, not consider him an afterthought we can pick up in any round. Whats the use to get a premier receiver if we don't have a quarterback to get the ball to him and make the defense respect our passing game.

Wht's the point. He wouldn't be fully recovered until the 2008 season. By then rookie could have been groomed and we just delayed our QB search another season if he doesn't pan out.

Banking on Culpepper to regain form is no different then banking on a rookie QB coming in and not being a bust.

We are finally in position where can actually make a move and acquire our Franchise QB why would anyone wanna pass that up?

Back
Top Bottom