Anyone else here think... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else here think...

Canuck Phin Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That Tavon Austin or Tyler Eifert in the first round is essential for the fins... I like what we've done through FA but these guys are two of the top playmakers in the draft at their respective positions.... I know we need line help and corner help, but I think we'd b smart to address those in the following rounds

We're looking deep at receiver this year (!?) and Tavon Austin isn't a red-zone threat. He eliminates Davone Bess's role in the offense, but at 5'8" and 175, he's by no means a red-zone threat and many question his durability at the next level. Yes, he's explosive and the most exciting football player in this draft. But we got out fast guy in Wallace. I think that we need to look somewhere else in the draft. I'd be fine with taking Eifert at 12.

Like you said, Eifert is the best player at the TE position this year, and has everything we need from a starting TE. He's a very good receiver that catches everything and hes a fairly good blocker. We currently have Dustin Keller, who is a great receiving threat but he struggles with blocking. Keller is also here on a one-year contract. Investing in a player like Eifert in the first round could be a great idea, because we have a starting tight end for years to come.

Taking either one of these players is extremely tempting at 12 overall, even with needs at tackel, defensive end, and corner. However, I think that we can address those positions later in the draft, if need be. Maybe get Kyle long in the second round and David Amerson in the third and find a DE somewhere else along the line. We have plenty of picks in this draft and there's plenty of options.

Back
Top Bottom