anyone else think cutler may fall like rodgers last year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

anyone else think cutler may fall like rodgers last year

If the Lion take a QB, Harrington is not going to remain there, so that may also, allow room for a QB to fall to us.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
If the Lion take a QB, Harrington is not going to remain there, so that may also, allow room for a QB to fall to us.
I think Harrington would be horrible with us. He has happy feet, and not that good of an arm. He needs to continue his West Coast roots, with a little better of an O-line and a team slightly more committed to the run to take the pressure off somewhat.

If any quarterback falls I think it will be Cutler. Leinart and Young will be gone in the top 5. But if there was one quarterback I wish would fall to us it would be Leinart, but there is no way that happens.

Teams I think that need to get a quarterback in the draft are.

Saints- They need someone to take over the team. Aaron Brooks is most likely gone and they can bring in a Young or Leinart and have him start right away.

Tennessee- Mcnair may also be leaving , whoever they get wheather it be Leinart or Young could possibly start right away or sit a year behind Billy Volek.

Minnessota- Everyone is forgetting that if they get rid of Culpepper and most likely get a first round pick for him they'd be looking quarterback in the draft. If they pick before us that is where i believe Cutler will go.

That's the teams that I feel the top 3 quarterbacks will go. I'd rather just wait till the later rounds and get our franchise quarterback. Or maybe he's the one sitting on the bench??? CLEO LEMON!!!!

jason8er said:
Hell yes! Jets take Furgeson period. Oak has to address DB or DL. After 4 years of offensive busts, DET has a new defensive head coach and will go D (maybe OL but I doubt it). ARZ has a decent passing game but no OL. To give JJ some running room I think they go OL. Who else is there?

The Belichik philosophy is you never use high first on an offensive lineman. The most important position in a Belichik philosophy to build is a strong defensive line. I personally think DBrickshaw is a once a decade LOT but it will be interesting to see if Mangini deviates from the Belichik philosophy. Mario Williams is another Julius Peppers. I still think that the Jets end up with Mario Williams after dumping Abraham or trading him to the Chiefs (current rumor). If I was them I would draft DBrickshaw but its the Jets so they probably draft a kicker

Dolphins=LIFE said:
I like Cutler, I think he's got all the tools to be a good NFL QB. But I, unlike 99% of everyone else, I don't think he's the Dolphins answer for the future at QB. The way he's rising up and being put ahead of Young or Lineart in some scenarios really has got be doubting him a lot. He was fairly unproven in college. That said, I'd love to see an NFC team get him, because if he pans out like everyone thinks he will, I don't want to see him in the playoffs.

That does not make any sense. Why does it when experts begin to put him ahead of Young and Lineart cause you doubt him greatly?

keep in mind as well that other teams may be looking to do the same that many of us are right now. find a cheaper low risk high reward QB in the later rounds. last year Cleveland probably could have used a QB, i mean, Kelly Holcombe was headed out of town, and Tim Couch was gone, they needed their QB of the future, and Aaron Rodgers was right there on the board for them, but they opted for Braylon Edwards, and that was a bold move considering that WR was pretty much the only productive offensive position for the Browns. i think AZ doesnt draft a QB until the later rounds. keep in mind this IS Bill Bidwell who isnt going to want to spend a lot of money, and if he has Kurt Warner returning, i doubt he lets the team go with a QB. The Lions, possibly, but at the same time, is QB their biggest need? are they a QB away from being a contender? or are they looking to restructure the franchise around a new QB? i think Matt Millen looks to improve other aspects of the team before dumping harrington. Tennesee? yes. they'll draft Young, the reason being is because he'll remind them of a young Steve McNair, especially after a year under McNair's wing, Young will be the future there. Saints? of course they take Leinart. Jets? cant see it happening, too much money invested in Pennington to take a QB top 5 (can you say CAP HELL?!), not to mention the Jets might look to trade down and pick up LenDale White a little later as the succesor to Curtis Martin. i think that Miami sits in a fine position at #16, it gives us SO many options, we can trade into the top ten without giving up much, we can swing a deal to get more picks (Ricky), or we can stand pat and pick whoever is available. i'm excited about this draft, because i dont think there is anyone in the top 20 picks who i would be unhappy with (other than a RB).

adamprez2003 said:
If I was them I would draft DBrickshaw but its the Jets so they probably draft a kicker
It's just not draft day without all the booing Jet fans in the audience.

Aqua and Orange said:
I cant see Oakland taking him because they drafted a pretty good QB last year. As for the Jets, I think them, the Cards and the Lions are all in the sweepstakes with us for who Tennesee decides not to take in Cutler/Young.

which goes back to my original point, has he even gone up in the rankings with teams scouting dept's?

How can you fall if you never even went up? And its not like Mel Kiper knows all.

adamprez2003 said:
The Belichik philosophy is you never use high first on an offensive lineman. The most important position in a Belichik philosophy to build is a strong defensive line. I personally think DBrickshaw is a once a decade LOT but it will be interesting to see if Mangini deviates from the Belichik philosophy. Mario Williams is another Julius Peppers. I still think that the Jets end up with Mario Williams after dumping Abraham or trading him to the Chiefs (current rumor). If I was them I would draft DBrickshaw but its the Jets so they probably draft a kicker

Logan Mankins, but things are different when your the world champs and not many weaknesses. oh im sorry, i missed HIGH first round draft pick. Still......a good LT would be worth it.

finfan54 said:
which goes back to my original point, has he even gone up in the rankings with teams scouting dept's?

How can you fall if you never even went up? And its not like Mel Kiper knows all.

I agree totally...we have no idea what the scouts for the teams really think of him to start with...do they see him as another player like Favre or a player like Boller?

The combine will be the real test for all these guys. After that we'll have a better idea of who goes where and when.

The one thing about Cutler that worried me during Senior Bowl week was that he had a great week of practice (so we were told) but it didn't translate to the game. He played very poorly and he was surrounded by some of the best players in the country. Certainly better talent than he ever had at Vanderbilt. That game cooled me off on him a little. I still think he's first round talent though.

It Is Not The Same Scenario, Rodgers A System Guy....

Cutler Is A Star On A Suck Team... He Is More Like Big Ben

SABA-TOOTH said:
It Is Not The Same Scenario, Rodgers A System Guy....

Cutler Is A Star On A Suck Team... He Is More Like Big Ben
roethlisberger wasn't on a bad team.

Back
Top Bottom