Anyone get a look at Garappollo vs the Saints? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone get a look at Garappollo vs the Saints?

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
I see he was 11/18/168 in the first half but no TD's. Just wondering how he looked. I think he was playing with sub-par receivers as well. I only saw a few plays yesterday. The line was struggling and he was holding the ball too long and taking sacks. He still had a 91.9 QB rating.

I see he was 11/18/168 in the first half but no TD's. Just wondering how he looked. I think he was playing with sub-par receivers as well. I only saw a few plays yesterday. The line was struggling and he was holding the ball too long and taking sacks. He still had a 91.9 QB rating.
FWIW, post-game, Pats fans have gone from "the next Brady" to "he looked OK."

Definately not as sharp as they hoped. Throws that should be on the outside floated inside and were picked or almost picked. Still has work to do.

Good QB but he ain't Brady.....considering he went up against one of the worst defenses in the league for much of the first half and didn't light them up was underwhelming, one thing he did well was not panic when he was pressured, showed a lot of poise for a kid who hasn't played in 3 yrs...

He definitely isn't Brady. My prediction, and I'm no Nostradamus, is they will go 2-2 with him. I'm just not sure who the 2 wins will be against.

Their starting RB, WRs, and TE didn't play. Pointless to make an observation based on how he played without them.

I watched every snap he took.

The guy obviously has the talent to be a very good QB in this league.

His feet are fantastic, he moves real well and his pocket presence comes to him very naturally. Even when the pocket collapsed a few times, he about wiggled free.

He has very good vision over the entire field, his best play was on a play action, looked deep right at the top of the drop and then came All the way back to the other sideline to drop the ball perfectly in the soft spot of the zone to Malcolm (Rookie WR).

He made some questionable decisions as well, which I think everyone can bank on happening a few times in the first 4 weeks.

His ball placement also wasn't great, but he has good touch and you can tell that BB wants to work in those back shoulders to there two big TEs.

All in all, I think their online is in a lot rougher shape then people believe and they have no real running game to speak of.

Garapollo will flash in the first few games, but hes gonna make some stupid mistakes that better be taken advantage of.

Go Phins!

Edit - Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Their starting RB, WRs, and TE didn't play. Pointless to make an observation based on how he played without them.

There was a time when fans of other teams thought Ryan Mallett was something special, too, simply because NE drafted him in the third round. My guess is that Garoppolo will be better than Mallett but that he's not Brady's successor since NE drafted his replacement, Jacoby Brissett, in the 3rd round in 2016.

The fact is that the only reason NE's offense gets a lot of respect is because of Brady, Gronkowski, and their OTs. The interior of their OL is all newbies. Amendola, Edelmann, and Bennett are decent receivers but without Brady throwing to them, I'm not sure that Amendola and/or Edelmann can be effective. Blount is a journeyman and Lewis is coming off an ACL injury. An average QB is going to struggle getting much production from those weapons.

I asked all my local friends what they thought of Janeane Garafalo's debut, and none were too excited about his play, nor the name I called her/him! It's only week one pre season tho. No different from our gunslinger..

3 friggin home games out of 4 to start the season.

@ AZ
Miami
Houston
Buffalo

Good, we can steal one from them with tom out and beat them with him in Miami. Buffalo should eat Garapolo for breakfast as well. As for Garapolos preseason game, it was against the saints, who last time I checked only fielded 9 defenders, or so it seemed last year.

Keep in mind its preseason, the Saints had one of the worst defenses last year and several of their starters didn't play. Now with that thought, he didn't look that good. He didn't throw for a first down until the second qtr after the Saints did large scale substitutions to get back ups on the field. The majority of his completions were in that second qtr. He has accuracy issues and was a bit slow with some of his decisions. I won't predict a Dolphins win because we have our own issues on offense but he isn't Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom