Anyone going to this week's game?

Discussion in 'Tailgate | Dolfans Unite!' started by MarinoEqualsGod, Oct 2, 2012.

1. MarinoEqualsGod

MarinoEqualsGod The man, the myth, the legend

I'm making the nine hour drive to Cincy. The first time I'll have been there (other than a layover at the airport once). I was just wondering if any of my fellow Dolfans will be in the house as well. Just got my tix today. I think they're in Section 129.

2. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

My wife and I are going. We're up top in section 330 I believe. One of my wife's college sorority sisters and her husband are going as well since they live up there. Unfortunately they're Bungles fans.

3. MarinoEqualsGod

Nice! I also forgot to ask if anyone knows of any good places around the stadium to get a great pre-game and/or post-game meal...Like I said, it's really my first time in Cinci...

4. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Burn the Jolly Roger Moderator Finheaven VIP

Dolfans usually have a large gathering in cincy, have fun!

5. whodey23

whodey23 Well-Known Member

Holy grail. nice bar right between the 2 stadiums. more of a sports bar type restaurant/bar, if you want an actual sit down meal you gotta go to Montgomery Inn, great ribs/BBQ

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

lol, you were actually in Kentucky not Ohio.

7. MarinoEqualsGod

Oh, no wonder I liked it so much...

...But we FLEW over Ohio...

8. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

We're not going to cross the Ohio River. We're going to park at the Newport on the Levee garage and either take the river boat or the mass transit across. That way we don't have to fight traffic getting into and out of downtown. I think we're going to eat after the game at one of the resturaunts in the Levee area. Not sure which one though.

9. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

I'm going. My daughter and wife got me tickets for my 50th birthday. Going to be cool.

10. whodey23

whodey23 Well-Known Member

Newport has some nice restaurants also, Hofbrahaus is a good german restaurant with in house brewed beer. theres some decent chains around their like Joes crab shack and Don pablos or hooters, or if you want a nicer restaurant there's a bravo there also. pretty good italian food.

11. morgan and maso

morgan and maso Rookie

I'll be there. Driving from VA!

12. Davo

Davo Scout Team

Myself and a bunch of Dolphins fans from Toronto will be making the drive down for the game...Tailgating in Longworth Hall...Hopefully this long ride is rewarded with a win!

13. MarinoEqualsGod

Where's Longworth Hall? I was wondering if any Fin Fans were going to have a pre game get together.

14. circumstances

circumstances Starter

Davo, I will be in Toronto for the Rams game this weekend. What is the best sports bar/restaurant that I'm guaranteed will televise the game? I'm staying at Yonge and College, so the closer to there the better. I've never tried Hoops, which is right across the street, and I plan to stop by there when I get into town Thursday and see if they will be showing the game on Sunday. I need to know where to go if they aren't sure they will show it. I might be willing to travel a bit if there is an awesome Dolphins bar somewhere in the GTO, though =)

15. Davo

Davo Scout Team

Real Sports Bar is a must visit in Toronto...its rated by ESPN last year as the number one bar in all of North America...it is insane...it has over 100 tv's and 7 big screens...every game guaranteed to be on..it is located right beside the Rogers Centre and is attached to the Air Canada Centre Arena...It is accessible by the subway at Union Station...I highly recommend it...get there early though to get a good seat..every game is on with volume in different areas...some tables have personal tvs where you can change the channel yourself to your game...the food is really good but a bit pricey...another alternative is the Loose Moose on Front street...it is a little more down scaled but a great vibe on game days...they also have every game...I have never been to Hoops so I am not sure...if you have any other questions, just pass me a msg I will be more than happy to answer!

16. circumstances

circumstances Starter

i'm going to see Rush sunday night (and again tuesday night, lol) at the ACC, so I may be making more than one trip over there on sunday. 1-4 for the fins, and 8-whenever for Rush! thanks for the info.

17. Davo

Davo Scout Team

np enjoy Toronto's hometown band...if theres a concert there on the sunday, I would definitely make a reservation and tell them which game you want to watch

18. circumstances

circumstances Starter

will do. i haven't missed a rush concert in toronto since they came back after neil's tragedies (for vapor trails in 2002). wasn't sure we were ever getting them back, and not taking them for granted now.

19. Akkilees

Akkilees Active Member

There are 200+ Dolphins fans going to the game all together and tailgating. Come join us. www.dolfansnyc.com