Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

Not disputing that at all. Don't know how Foles feels but if I'm the SB MVP and my team told me they're going to start someone else, I'm insisting on being traded.

Just really wanted to get opinions about whether folks think Philly's #2 QB is better than our #1.

Most probably won't think that.

I think that it is more of the reflection of coaching and game planning. Eagles have better coaching and game planning than the Dolphins.

Maybe it's Tampa Bay who would be better served putting together a package in trade for Foles... maybe even including Jameis

Id love to have him in the Foles...I mean...Fold.

If the Eagles can have Wentz and Foles why cant Miami have Tannehill/Foles?
But I digress...Better hope NE does not buy him in the offseason

Because Wentz is on a rookie deal and Foles is on a contract for a backup. Foles will make lots of money next contract as will Wentz. Only one will be an Eagle a year from now.

Has no choice, Wentz is the leader of that team. I’d assume they’ll dangle Foles, but he knew he wasn’t the face of that franchise.

Unless Philly is willing to pay him something approaching starting money, it would be an idiotic business decision for Foles to stay. He just won the Super Bowl MVP -- he will want to start and know it's not happening with the eagles.

But keeping him and paying him anything near starting money would be an idiotic business decision for the Eagles. The salary cap and CBA basically is setup so you can afford exactly *1* quality veteran QB and either a scrub veteran backup or a potential starting level player on a rookie contact. It turns out the Eagles, through a fluke, have it reversed. So, if they offer Foles good money to stick around, then Wentz has leverage to push for veteran money before his cheap rookie contract is over -- after all, he's the "leader of the team and the starter". If Foles sticks around next year as the backup, he risks his window closing -- after all, up until 4 or so weeks ago, he was a known quantity, and people weren't banging down the door for him to lead or start.

To me that's the key. Pederson and his attacking style. Gase would tell Foles, it's MY offense, I hope you're smart enough because it's the best offense ever created. We always bear how when Gases offense takes off, it will steamroll through the league. Yeah well when? When all players are chosen by him?
Sick of the talk Gase, produce. You picked Cutler. How many penalties for either team last night? Oh yeah, coaches can't fix that due to cba rules..or something like that.

This is a serious concern of mine. Great coaches tailor their offense to their players. Gase needs players to run his offense. I’m not saying it can’t be done but that it’s backwards thinking.

1. I never expect Tannehill to win a Super Bowl
2. When's the last time Tannehill had that dominant of a game?
3. When's the last time that with the cards stacked against him, Tannehill helped his team deliver?

I won't say that Foles is better, because he's basically a backup, but the way he played in the playoffs was absolutely brilliant. Gameplan from the coaches, execution of that gameplan, and not shying away from the big moments.

I can't recall a time where Tannehill ever dominated like that.

115.7 QB rating in the playoffs.

It's definitely more of a hot streak than a career of it. See Joe Flacco.

Foles is a better QB than Tannehill. This isn't even debatable, really. Starting with his 25-18 career WL record.

Foles is a better QB than Tannehill. This isn't even debatable, really. Starting with his 25-18 career WL record.

Prior to yesterday and even the playoffs not one Dolphin fan would want Foles on this team over Tannehill yet all of a sudden he a master QB.

Right!

He has more super bowl wins than Tannehill has playoff appearances so I'm gonna give him the nod.

It's like "do you think deshaun Watson is better than Tannehill? Wentz? Goff? Now we're asking this about Cousins and Foles

In another couple years we will be asking if some 3rd string backup qb is better than Tannehill lol

Prior to yesterday and even the playoffs not one Dolphin fan would want Foles on this team over Tannehill yet all of a sudden he a master QB.

Right!
Prior to yesterday I knew his numbers. Prior to taking over for Wentz. Perhaps casual fans like you had never heard of him or saw what he could do before the playoffs.

He's steadier. He wins more. He's better.

Tannehill is 37-40 as an NFL starter. Why do you think the future will be any different? It won't.

Foles is an inch taller than Peyton Manning. He’s a big dude and can scan the field.

From the thread back in August:
“I'll go on record as a Nick Foles fan. 6’6” 243 lbs, 28 years old. Same draft as Tannehill, Luck, Griffin, Weeden, Osweiler, Russel Wilson. Career passer rating: 88.1. 2013 Pro bowl and perfect passer rating in a game where he threw seven touchdowns. He struggled with turnovers in St. Louis, especially the game against Green Bay where he had four in one game. Basically why he’s now a backup. I think he still has a lot in the tank and Gase could make him a star. Can definitely make all the throws. I think he’s the best back up out there right now, just needs the right situation.”

And now add Super Bowl MVP to this one hit wonder, as he was called. No way he’s going to be a back up next season. Philly paid him a lot of money, and they got their money’s worth. Wentz comes back, of course, and Foles goes somewhere else. I’d trade pick 11 in the second round for him, and keep Landry. If Foles joined the Dolphins, I think Brady would retire.
Dang - you said that back then? Kudos bro. I don’t think I would have bought it at the time.

Back
Top Bottom