Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

Foltz has done it while Tannehill is like those outdoor projection devices that were supposedly going to be popular during the Christmas season. Home Depot and other stores were loaded with those things. Meanwhile when I went to purchase Christmas leftovers on severe discount a few days after Christmas, all the good stuff was long gone but every store still had dozens and dozens of those projection devices.

They basically couldn't give them away. That gave me more confidence in the American public for a change. Projection shouldn't be popular.

I am having such trouble on this site. This is the first time in two days I've been able to view a thread, let alone post.

I think about every other house in my area had one of those projection devices shining on their outdoor walls. I would bet they were the most popular outdoor decoration in sales for 2017.

Try blocking all of your cookies except from Finheaven. That has worked for others with the site issues.

Nick Foles had that AMAZING season 5 years ago, I'll give you that, no arguments here... Since then, he's got 28 TDs, 22 INTs, 58% comp%, 6.4 y/a... Now he did have a great playoffs run, but are those 3 games more relevant than the last 29 before that... Also keep in mind that there's a good chance he wont play behind a better OL on his next stop..
yeah, and last year the flavors of the month including Prescott, Winston and Mariota were being propped up here as better than Tannehill. What a difference a year makes, LOL

So now it's QB rating? Both QB career ratings are in the 86-87 range.

The difference is here:
Foles
39 career regular season starts
4 career playoff starts
25-18 W-L
4.4 TD pct
2.1 INT pct
5.5 sack pct
7 4th quarter comebacks
9 Game winning drives

Tannehill
77 career regular season starts
0 career playoff starts
37-40 W-L
4.0 TD pct
2.5 INT pct
7.5 sack pct
12 4th quarter comebacks
10 game winning drives

Oh and Foles is a year younger. And not coming off ACL surgery. Ask any GM worth their weight and do they take Tannehill with these numbers and coming off injury. Or Foles coming off super bowl MVP.

Use the eye test. It's not even close.

Tannehill is a glorified Chad Henne and no one wants to face it. He is what he is. He isn't changing.

Draft a QB. In the first round.

Umm the 'eye test' refers to play ability, not throwing up stats. -=\ And stop with the non-sense of 'ask any GM....yada yada'. That's your opinion. Stop trying to use it as a fact, Ridiculous.

I think about every other house in my area had one of those projection devices shining on their outdoor walls. I would bet they were the most popular outdoor decoration in sales for 2017.

Try blocking all of your cookies except from Finheaven. That has worked for others with the site issues.

Ya every other house in my neighborhood has those too. I’m pretty sure it’s the same in most places however that exaggerated anecdote provided a not so clever opportunity for the use of the self-coined term “projector.” I fully expect to hear a golf or horse racing story that lead to a “bar stool” reference in the near future. Perhaps one that details Johnnny Manziel being a winner and play maker or Blake Bortle’s elite college ypa?

yeah, and last year the flavors of the month including Prescott, Winston and Mariota were being propped up here as better than Tannehill. What a difference a year makes, LOL

Exactly! Why do non of them realize a lot of this success is opportunity based. To think Foles is suddenly head and shoulders above Tannehill after 2 months worth of work is laughable and reinforces my opinion of their football knowledge.

well thill17 is behind in race. Nick got MVP and Superbowl ring.his career is set. he got world title of football and Walt Disney.what else football player can ask for.

I love Ryan but asking that now makes it impossible to choose him. Foles just won the Super Bowl with a game plan where he had to let it rip to win and he did it. That's big time, bigger than anything Ryan has ever done in his career. I will say this, as I've said in other thread, the difference between Wentz and Foles is greatly overstated by everybody. Fans fall deeply, madly in love with young QB's before they really prove they can do it for the long hall. Anyone who disagrees with that statement is dead wrong as this site gushed over Chad Henne for a year and RGIII and Vince young were the best thing since sliced bread when they came out. There are many, many more young QB's fans gushed over prematurely after one good year, too many to list. I'd take Wentz over Foles because he's younger and has more talent. It's interesting when you line up each of there best seasons. Keeping in mind the systems were different Wentz obviously played for a much better team (they did win the Super Bowl after all). When comparing Wentz in 2017 and Foles in 2013 you'll find Wentz threw more TD's and Foles less picks although both were extraordinary in the 13 games they played. The real interesting part to me was Foles had the better completion percentage (64% to 60%) and a 2 yard higher ypa (9.5 to 7.5) which means he was the more accurate passer making consistently deeper throws down the field.

Remember my point is not that I think Foles is better, because somebody will take this that way, just that the disparity between the 2 QB's is way overstated and fans GUSH over young QB's before they really prove anything all the time. I wait until they do it consistently which Wentz needs more time to do. If he puts together 5 or 6 seasons like last year I'll say he's light years better than Foles but now that's premature.

I'm a big RT supporter, but gun to my head right now and I'd pick Foles. He made some throws yesterday that were absolute baller, on a whole other level. Throws I've never seen RT make.

This is the misconception that a lot of people use as an argument. I can tell you that throw to Stills against the Chargers while getting absolutely blasted for a near 50 yard TD is one of the greatest throws I've seen in my life. There's a ton of throws that he's made that are insanely good that people don't give him enough respect for. Here's a Twitter thread showing these throws:

The reality of the situation is that Foles stock is at an all-time high for him and so I understand people wanting a SB MVP. However, from what I gathered in the past about Foles is that when there's game tape on him, he can't seem to adjust.

Sine people love box scores, this is evident with the 27 td 2 int season one year and the 13 td 10 int the next year with the same coach, the same offensive philosophy and essentially the same team around him.

Pederson called an amazing game and Foles executed it perfectly. However, I don't see Foles playing at that level again.

Remember when Flacco had that amazing post-season run and got PAID? What's he doing now aside from lighting up the Dolphins and only the Dolphins?

I wouldn't be too upset if we drafted Allen or Baker at 11 if Gase fell in love with one of them, but please, no 30 year old QBs like Foles or Keenum that are coming off a one good year. That'll really send this franchise back.

Remember: Foles looked terrible during the regular season and the Falcons game before the RPO became a thing. Let's see how he does when teams start to gameplan around that.

Kelly and fisher kill foles career.. he was about same as thill17 before traded to rams. he was good w eagles

Last edited:
This QB are way young than thill17. They all have played in playoff or pro bowl. If someone ball give them credit. If u don't ball u don't get call. Thill17 have not gotten call from 21

Umm the 'eye test' refers to play ability, not throwing up stats. -=\ And stop with the non-sense of 'ask any GM....yada yada'. That's your opinion. Stop trying to use it as a fact, Ridiculous.
You'd be lucky to get five GMs other than Tannenbaum to pick Tannehill right now.

Foles put up better numbers than Tannehill even before Wentz was drafted.

Foles wins. How long can we blame the cast around Tannehill?

The stats are thrown up as a reminder of what's important. The eye test is also clear. Tannehill with his lack of pocket presence (an innate ability that you have or don't) and inconsistency are mind boggling.

Tannehill is not a difference maker. We all hoped he would be. He's not.

This franchise has banked on failed QBs too long. Five QBs drafted since Brady was drafted. We should be drafting one every other year at worst.

What makes you think Tannehill will start winning? He's a career loser. Please enlighten the board on your hopes and dreams of Ryan Tannehill the franchise QB.

I've seen nothing from Ryan Tannehill to suggest he can lead an offense to 41 points on the grandest stage.

They are similar from a talent standpoint, but I can't sit here and say emphatically that Tannehill could replicate that success if given the equal supporting cast. At all.

Nick Foles had that AMAZING season 5 years ago, I'll give you that, no arguments here... Since then, he's got 28 TDs, 22 INTs, 58% comp%, 6.4 y/a... Now he did have a great playoffs run, but are those 3 games more relevant than the last 29 before that... Also keep in mind that there's a good chance he wont play behind a better OL on his next stop..
Don't forget Foles in regular season this year after Wentz went down. We can almost excuse his numbers in the Jeff fischer led Rams stint. We all see what happened when Fischer left.

So you would take Tannehill over Foles. I wouldn't. I've seen enough of Ryan Tannehill to know who he is.

I'm not going to argue with most of what you said if you believe Foles is better than Tannehill but Tannehill a glorified Chad Henne? Come on man don't do that. Chad Henne has a career QB rating of 75.5 and has 58tds to 63ints. Chad Henne was never top 15 in any passing category besides INT's. Chad Henne has only thrown for more TD's than Int's 1 time in his career and that was 2014 when he had 3tds to 1int. I'm not the biggest Tannehill fan but you comparing him to Henne is just madness.
Tannehill is better than Henne.

And the Bears are better than the Browns.

You'd be lucky to get five GMs other than Tannenbaum to pick Tannehill right now.

What makes you think Tannehill will start winning? He's a career loser. Please enlighten the board on your hopes and dreams of Ryan Tannehill the franchise QB.

Ludicrous.

Back
Top Bottom