Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone here think Foles is better than Tannehill?

You would have said the same about Foles two months ago. See how things can change based on situations and opportunity?

Go ahead and tell me you knew Foles was going to light it up in the playoffs and you saw enough of his previous play to predict this outcome! Oh you cant? Makes me wonder why you think the same couldn't happen for Tannehill.

I definitely wouldn't have predicted Foles to play as well as he did, but results are the bottom line with me.

And I'm not saying it can't happen with Tannehill, but I'm not going to make the assumption that it can. I just haven't seen that consistency from game to game from an individual standpoint from Ryan Tannehill, to think he can replicate that run against playoff quality opponents.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't score points

I definitely wouldn't have predicted Foles to play as well as he did, but results are the bottom line with me.

And I'm not saying it can't happen with Tannehill, but I'm not going to make the assumption that it can. I just haven't seen that consistency from game to game from an individual standpoint from Ryan Tannehill, to think he can replicate that run against playoff quality opponents.

I.E. The box score.

it has been 24yr since we been to superbowl. do you feel thill17 can help us get back to superbowl. if not we need draft someone else at qb..

Ryan would have fallen flat on his face if he was in place for Foles vs the Patriots. We’ve seen Tannehill in must win games, and prime time games and it’s not good.

I.E. The box score.

No from watching him. Tannehill doesn't display consistency against playoff caliber opponents in terms accuracy or decision making. At all.

He's also been terrible on the road. And terrible against his division.

it has been 24yr since we been to superbowl. do you feel thill17 can help us get back to superbowl. if not we need draft someone else at qb..

Tell me at the beginning of the year you would have taken Foles as your QB to take you to and win a SB.

NO. Not one fan would have taken Nick Foles as their starter.

it will be 44yr since dolphins win superbowl. with thill17 as starter or without we still in same boat. thing must change around here.

We can win with Tannehill, and Gase was proving that until the injury. This team needs a lot more talent on defense, TE, and the offensive line. Give Tannehill a Zach Ertz, a top offensive line and defense like Philly had this year, and then talk to me about how he compares to Foles. Foles played great in the playoffs, but he also got lucky to catch the Pats and Vikings on off days, and was even luckier that a pass deflected off a knee against ATL which completely changes that game if the easy play is made. We have never seen Tannehill even in a playoff game so it is impossible to say how he would perform, but his ceiling is a lot higher than Foles from a talent perspective, and last time I checked coaches in any sport at any level dig talent. Tannehill is a very talented QB, but it is yet to be determined how he will play in big games because he has never had the supporting cast that Nick Foles has had to get to big games, particularly this season. Personally I think he would excel in a big game (playoffs) due to his talent and football IQ, but it's anyone's guess for now...

Easy to criticize a player who hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years lol. Not like he can prove anyone wrong like he was before the injury but that's easy to dismiss. All that people care about is winning, therefore Foles > Tannehill duh.
I was criticizing him before he got hurt.

His 2016 season was better but also mired with inconsistency. Somehow he went 8-5 as a starter that year although could easily have been 5-8 with some of the fortunate wins this team got.

No from watching him. Tannehill doesn't display consistency against playoff caliber opponents in terms accuracy or decision making. At all.

He's also been terrible on the road. And terrible against his division.

But suddenly Foles has based on two months?

What a shitty argument. You guys take the newest flavor of the month and act like they're night and day from tannehill. You still feeling the same about Newton? No? And this time next year you wont feel the same about Foles. Why? Bc you look at team success to determine the value of the QB.

Back
Top Bottom