Anyone just heard this... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone just heard this...

Steve Smith would be awesome....but I'm thinking he may be too pricey

Well the last time a situation involving an older reciever being traded that i remember was Randy Moss to the Patriots and we all know how that one turned out. Moss was 30 and Smith is 29 (which really isn't that old), i doubt the Panthers think anyone is going to give up 1st.

Well the last time a situation involving an older reciever being traded that i remember was Randy Moss to the Patriots and we all know how that one turned out. Moss was 30 and Smith is 29 (which really isn't that old), i doubt the Panthers think anyone is going to give up 1st.
very true....the Pats got Moss for a 4th....so its certainly possible. I'd give a 3rd for Steve Smith

Catch22 thanks for posting that. Now atleast people see I didn't make this up. Thanks bro.. Just hope its maybe ginn and a 2nd maybe roth too... Today is the day we get the answer no matter what. I wouldn't mind Bowe either..
trading Ginn for Smith would make exactly ZERO sense

Bowe would still be my 1st choice....Steve Smith would be my 2nd....and Sims-Walker would be my 3rd

it would be sick,

#1 Smith (all around bad *** +YAC)
#2 Ginn (Speed + Deep threat)
#3 (Slot) Bess/Cam (Hands)
#4 Hartline (change of pace)
#5 Turner (End zone target) *hopefully one day at least.

It would be sick with Bowe too, but smith is a a bona fide superstar WR with 5 1000+ yard seasons 45 total TDs and 18.2 per catch avg last year.

Bowe's only advantage is his height at 6"2 vs Smith at 5"11 (parcells likes em big)and his age 25 vs 30. Those are likely 2 big advantages with this FO though.

I hope we get one of them!

very true....the Pats got Moss for a 4th....so its certainly possible. I'd give a 3rd for Steve Smith

Not that I disagree...as I'm not sure how much Smith would be worth, however Moss came with baggage. Potentially lots of baggage that he left behind and worked out great for New England.

it would be sick,

#1 Smith (all around bad *** +YAC)
#2 Ginn (Speed + Deep threat)
#3 (Slot) Bess/Cam (Hands)
#4 Hartline (change of pace)
#5 Turner (End zone target) *hopefully one day at least.

It would be sick with Bowe too, but smith is a a bona fide superstar WR with 5 1000+ yard seasons 45 total TDs and 18.2 per catch avg last year.

Bowe's only advantage is his height at 6"2 vs Smith at 5"11 (parcells likes em big)and his age 25 vs 30. Those are likely 2 big advantages with this FO though.

I hope we get one of them!

Thanks a lot, after reading that I now have a mess to clean up.

Not that I disagree...as I'm not sure how much Smith would be worth, however Moss came with baggage. Potentially lots of baggage that he left behind and worked out great for New England.
good point...but Smith seems to have some baggage as well

I would like to have a physical WR with size and speed, not a 5'9" 190 pounder like Steve Smith.

That's one of the dumber things i've read on here so far...have you ever watched him play? He plays like a giant...i mean Jake Delsuck just chucks it up into double coverage and the guy out jumps and out muscles whoever is around for the football. I could care less if he's 5'9" bc it doesn't mean ****. The guy comes down with the ball regardless of his height and weight.

I would like to have a physical WR with size and speed, not a 5'9" 190 pounder like Steve Smith.

physically speaking, id take Smith over Bowe... he might not have the height, but he still outjumps people, out muscles defenders, and is faster than most WRs in the league...

Back
Top Bottom