Anyone not for drafting quinn? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone not for drafting quinn?

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I don't believe quinn will turn out to be a franchise qb, just my opinion. With that said however I also believe a franchise qb is our most pressing need. I hope we draft one in the second or third, but i dont think there are any franchise qbs in the true sense of the word in this draft. I think this year we just have to cut our losses and wait until next year or pull of a trade for someone like green who might patch together a few years for us (yeah that sucks to hear i know). I don't want to trade up for him and I would be all for trading out of our spot if he did fall to us for someone willing to pay a high price for him. Every opinion on this board seems to be the opposite. Is anyone else at all on this board with me on this?

I don't think waiting until next year to deal with things like QB and TE and a replacement for Zach is such a big deal. We have free agency and the draft again next year and next year we should be in way better shape.

if quinn is gone i wont cry over it..i still love to see edwards taken in the 3rd rd and i like to see us get either landry at 9 or trade back and get willis...yeah i know we need OL and a wr but we can deal with that in ther 2nd rd or 3rd

I don't really see how anyone can say that they don't "see" a franchise QB in this draft. For 1-what does a franchise QB look like? 2nd- You never know when a young player reaches his full "potential", so what does it matter what his record was in college? The best QB in the world can't win a game by himself, it's physically impossible.

First post here....thought i'd jump in on this.

I understand the question's or concerns, and the other needs we have at this time but I truly hope to see us draft Brady Quinn. I feel we need to get this QB situation taken care of once and for all...get it done. Bringing in Quinn to work with Cam would give me hope that the QB position is going to be in very good hands for the future. Even if he sat for a year behind who ever...Green, Daunte, Cleo? It's the building block that I believe we need.

Nothing against Stanton, Edwards, Kolb or whoever...I just feel that Quinn has the best chance of becomming a very good NFL QB especially if working with Cam.

I'm hoping to grab myself a Quinn Dolphins jersey this summer...we'll see.

By the way I truly enjoy reading all post's on here...wether i agree or not I just like hanging with my brother Fin Fans.

I'd be pretty happy if he was available at 9. However, dream draft would have us taking Landry with first, Kalil second...take Zac Taylor in 6th or 7th...then next year drafting Colt Brennan to be our franchise QB.

So for me...I'd like Quinn...but if we can find a suitable QB for this year, and get Colt in the next, yes.

I don't believe quinn will turn out to be a franchise qb, just my opinion. With that said however I also believe a franchise qb is our most pressing need. I hope we draft one in the second or third, but i dont think there are any franchise qbs in the true sense of the word in this draft. I think this year we just have to cut our losses and wait until next year or pull of a trade for someone like green who might patch together a few years for us (yeah that sucks to hear i know). I don't want to trade up for him and I would be all for trading out of our spot if he did fall to us for someone willing to pay a high price for him. Every opinion on this board seems to be the opposite. Is anyone else at all on this board with me on this?

I am against drafting Quinn. I want either Ginn Jr or Brown!

I'd be pretty happy if he was available at 9. However, dream draft would have us taking Landry with first, Kalil second...take Zac Taylor in 6th or 7th...then next year drafting Colt Brennan to be our franchise QB.

So for me...I'd like Quinn...but if we can find a suitable QB for this year, and get Colt in the next, yes.

Colt Brennan, hmmmmmmmm, maybe another Dolphin Hall of Famer.

One of the reason I say no to Quinn is because is if his losing record in any big games whatsoever while at Notre Dame. This might just be because ND is always overrated, but nonetheless, he has looked less than stellar against tough opponents.

I don't have a problem with them drafting Quinn. When you take a QB that high, it's a crap shoot anyway, but that is not to say I'd be dissatisfied if they take him...

The one thing I'd like them not to do is to trade up to get him. It looks more and more like that is the only way to do it. I hope they don't get itchy and move up for him or anyone in the first. We have more than just the backup QB position to fill in this draft, much more. We've already had a franchise QB with no team around him, so lets build a team first and then go after the franchise guy once the rest of the team is more solid.

Back
Top Bottom