Anyone notice how the defense... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone notice how the defense...

Miamifinz

On to the next (year)
Reaction score
Consistently tried to pry the ball out of the hands of every single Jets player Sunday? I didn't really notice it during the beginning of the year but ever since the Bengals game it seems like we're been really aggressive in trying to force turnovers, something we've really struggled to do under the tenure of Sparano.

Decided to look at the stats, and in 2011 we forced 9 fumbles (30th in the league), and recovered just 3, (dead last in the league)
Here in 2012, through SEVEN games we've already forced 11 fumbles, (4th in the league), and recovered 3.

Even though it seems like we NEVER get those lucky bounces, if we keep up this pace we'll make our own luck. :up:

As long as they don't sacrifice making the tackle for stripping the ball, I'm completely okay with it. But when guys are slapping at the ball and the runner is getting 10, 15, 20 more yards in the process, then that **** has to stop.

More than that I noticed they were getting their hands up and trying to bat down balls. Coyle said he studied the Texans during the bye week and they were able to incorporate some of their techniques.

Amazing what a little coaching can do. Now, if the refs would stop ****ing us on fumbles we could help our offense out a bit more.

They learned from JT...he did that **** all the time...I kinda miss him.

Speaking of Coyle he I bet is reminding Wake that while he is so amped up at sacking the QB he needs to look for the ball on the ground. This happend a few times,wont be long before he does what Jason Taylor did and thats strip the ball and look for the ball after the sack and possibly recover it..Jason IMO was the best at the pressure and trying to create the fumble and going for the recovery.Wake is due....over due!!!!

Back
Top Bottom