Anyone remember: Parcell's predraft show as a commentator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone remember: Parcell's predraft show as a commentator

CalFishman

Starter
Reaction score
I remember Parcells as a draft commentator during his 2000-2002 hiatus. I would assume it was for ESPN. He was very excited about a DT set to be picked in the 7-15 range. When they argued whether he was really a top 10 pick, Parcells responded that he would take this DT as the #1 overall siting the planet theory and that this the type of player a defense should be built around. I don't recall who the player was or where he got picked.

If anyone remembers this better than me, this could provide insight into who are #1 pick might be. If Dorsey is similar to this player, this may go along with the curious lack of noise out of Miami about Dorsey.

2000:
6 Corey Simon DT Florida State Philadelphia Eagles

2001:
3 Gerard Warren DT Florida Cleveland Browns
6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia New England Patriots
12 Damione Lewis DT Miami (Fla.) St. Louis Rams
13 Marcus Stroud DT Georgia Jacksonville Jaguars
19 Casey Hampton NT Texas Pittsburgh Steelers

2002:
6 Ryan Sims DT North Carolina Kansas City Chiefs
9 John Henderson DT Tennessee Jacksonville Jaguars
12 Wendell Bryant DT Wisconsin Arizona Cardinals
15 Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee Tennessee Titans

If I had to guess, it would be between Simon, Hampton, and Haynesworth with Hampton getting the nod because he played NT

Lets hope the planet theory imploded.
clear.gif

The Miami Dolphins select>>>> BRADY QUINN !!!!!!!

Lets hope the planet theory imploded.
clear.gif

The Miami Dolphins select>>>> BRADY QUINN !!!!!!!

Did Brady re-enter the draft again. I think you can do that when you never play a down and don't have a hope in hell of getting near the field for the next 4 years.:sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom