Anyone think Vernon Davis will slide in Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone think Vernon Davis will slide in Draft

dolphinzen

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think he will slide. If Cutler, J. Williams, Huff and Greenway are gone at
16 I think we get great value with Vernon Davis(TE)-he's freakish.

I love Randy McMichael but in a weak WR draft Davis is a great weapon.

I think Jimmy Williams is the one that will slide of the two. Vernon will impress everyone at the combine because he is a workout freak who set a lot of records @ Maryland in weight lifting & speed drills. San Francisco, Oakland, Detroit, Arizona, St.Louis, & even Philadelphia could grab him.

dolphinzen said:
I think he will slide. If Cutler, J. Williams, Huff and Greenway are gone at
16 I think we get great value with Vernon Davis(TE)-he's freakish.

I love Randy McMichael but in a weak WR draft Davis is a great weapon.

He is not going to slide...if he is there that would be tough to pass on...might be able to get someone to trade with us. I like Randy, I think we stick with him.

Davis is probably going to be what Kellen Winslow should have been. I don't see him sliding far. Jimmy Williams could slide because he's such a tweener.

There is no reason to draft him. He is a great talent at TE, but we already have one of the best TE's in football and just gave him a big contract. There is no reason to put that kind of money into one position when we have other needs. Lorenzo Diamond is going to be a very good #2 TE also.

I think that has some dangerous possibilities. McMike and Davis could both lineup outside, and I would love to see any corner keep them in check all game. There is the possibility that he falls because of the depth at TE, and the better size of Lewis and Pope.

sports24/7 said:
There is no reason to draft him. He is a great talent at TE, but we already have one of the best TE's in football and just gave him a big contract. There is no reason to put that kind of money into one position when we have other needs. Lorenzo Diamond is going to be a very good #2 TE also.

Sure didn't play like it this year.

Back
Top Bottom