Aqib Talib | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aqib Talib

MetalKev

Dan THE MAN Marino
Reaction score
I think Aqib Talib would be a great replacement for sean smith and would probably cost less. Hes big, physical and not only would he help our defense but he would weaken the patriots who looked alot worse when he wasn't on the field.

NO! He is thug. I would never give him longterm money.

People are going to start to realize that there are issues with just about every single free agent CB . . . whether it's injury history, old age, off the field stuff, etc. The biggest issue with Sean Smith is inconsistency and there is still room for him to improve. Remember this guy was a WR the first part of college and was more of a tweener. He's still relatively young in his full CB duties and has flashed #1 ability on several occasions. He's never going to wow you with run stopping ability but he's been healthy and he's a legitimate starting CB in his mid 20's. He can cover the bigger, gamebreaking WR's and switch over on bigger TE's in certain packages. He does struggle against the smaller/shiftier guys . . . which you would some what expect of a 6'4" CB. Like him or not, he's one of the best CB Free Agents on the market and certainly a better option than Talib.

How about replacing Sean Smith with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Derek Cox. They both seem like they're better at causing turnovers and covering smaller, quicker receivers.

How about replacing Sean Smith with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Derek Cox. They both seem like they're better at causing turnovers and covering smaller, quicker receivers.

Better option than Talib. Talib is a thug and he is lazy in practice and sometimes on the field. Think about the Pats over the last decade: If Belichick isn't fighting to keep you around, how strong a piece can you be?

Better option than Talib. Talib is a thug and he is lazy in practice and sometimes on the field. Think about the Pats over the last decade: If Belichick isn't fighting to keep you around, how strong a piece can you be?

Maybe. But Richard Seymour and a few others weren't issues in the locker room or off the field.

No to Talib. Cox is my choice but I could also see Smith end up coming back; I don't think anyone is going to give him what he is asking. A lot of talent out there at db; both free agency and draft.

I really hope smith stays but as a #2 and he does not break the bank.if he takes 4 or 5 mill i would be good with that

The Boston Herald considers impending free agent Aqib Talib a candidate for the Patriots' franchise tag.

Character issues aside, what makes you think this guy's going to be a bargain?

If he were willing to play for cheap, NE would keep him. As it is, they're likely to franchise tag him just to keep him around another year. Plus, why would Talib leave a successful team-- the hands-down favorite to win the division again next year-- where he's already learned the scheme and knows he fits in? Why would he play in Miami unless it's for the big bucks? Miami may be a team on the rise, but there's no guarantee of how it's going to turn out. Meanwhile, his current team still has at least 2 or 3 more playoff years to come. Plus, there are plenty of other teams would also be in the running to jack up his price, if he decides to walk away from the Pats.

It's not impossible that Talib would play in Miami, but the Dolphins would have to pay big money to get him. No way is he going to be a cheaper option than Smith.

We need a corner that can play press as well as Sean Smith. Smith is elite in press, it's zone that he struggles (terrible instincts). If we find that corner, whether it be Cox or anyone else, i'd sign Sean Smith for MAX 5 mil a year.

Nolan Carroll couldn't play press, so they had the corners in zone too often. If we get a legitimate pass rusher opposite Cam Wake...Sean Smith and a good, physical press corner would do great things.

Back
Top Bottom