Are Dolphins Fans Loyal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are Dolphins Fans Loyal?

prouddolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's my question because I'm looking to read messages from loyal fans. The Dolphins finally have a chance for a Superbowl and its important for the loyal fans to step up. The Dolphins finally have a QB who can take them to a SB. Jay Cutler is elite we know this.

In Chicago there were a lot of negative fans who would always criticise Jay and that would bring him down. I hope the fans in Miami stick with Jay through thick and thin because there will always be ups and downs. But us Dolphins fans got one of the best in Jay Cutler that's for sure.

Me too. Fan since 1976. Lord, how I love my Dolphins.

Regardless of what Cutler and the O does, our D is marginal at best right now.

That's not a lack of loyalty. It's reality.

Dolphins fans, especially the diehards, have become used to things going poorly for this franchise. It's hard to believe that anyone is the harbinger of change, though Gase is as close as anyone's gotten to instilling optimism into a once proud fan base.

If Jay gives the Dolphins all he has, wins over the lockerroom by changing some of his lackadaisical ways, and leads the Phins to wins, the fans won't be far behind at all. We have been trained to be some of the most skeptical and pessimistic fans in the league (especially on this forum), but also incredibly hungry for a championship. I'm not sure people believe just yet that an off-the-couch Cutler will take us to the SB, but he definitely gives us a chance to compete instead of a lost season. The offense is stacked and it should be a fun season if we can stay reasonably healthy.

Were gonna need lots of luck, an offensive line to protect Cutler and a defense that gets off the field on 3rd down. Consistently.
Asking a lot for such a young team.
But hope prevails, as it has for me over 45 years watching hoping and waiting.
I hope Cutler lights it up. We are counting on it. Lets hope you're are right.

Were gonna need lots of luck, an offensive line to protect Cutler and a defense that gets off the field on 3rd down. Consistently.
Asking a lot for such a young team.
But hope prevails, as it has for me over 45 years watching hoping and waiting.
I hope Cutler lights it up. We are counting on it. Lets hope you're are right.
47 years here bro. Let's hope for a season we can enjoy!

Like my user name suggests I am as big a Dolphin fan as they come. But I am also a realist and until they get their act together and supplant marginal talent with the right players we won't be going anywhere fast. We do however have a head coach that I strongly believe can be the next Don Shula. So that brings me some faith.........

I don't know about loyal, but the OP has certainly proven that at least some Dolphins fans are delusional.

The Dolphins have a chance for the Super Bowl (a mathematical one at best). Cutler is elite (because elite, and not washed up, quarterbacks are routinely found in the broadcast booth). :wall

I've been a fan since the middle of the 72 season and has been loyal ever since. I was a Dolphins fan before I became an Ozzy fan which says a lot. I'm also realistic and I don't see us going to the superbowl this year.

Ozzy rules!!

20 years a Dolphin fan here. I've seen 1-15, Bullygate, the Ricky retirement, Ireland with his picks and money, the revolving door of bad QBs and head coaches, etc. If the those things didn't make me give up on the team, then I'm a Dolphins fan for life!

I've been a Fin fan since I was an embryo. Went to my Uncle's house every Sunday in North Miami when i was an kid. Went through the late stages of Griese, Strock, Woodley, the snowplow game, the Chargers playoff game, Andra Franklin, the loss of David Overstreet. the Marino years, the not-so-subtle push out the door of Shula, Jimmy Johnson, the Jags playoff game, and the absolute clown show since.

I've been a loyal Dolphins fan ever since I was old enough to understand anything at all about football. I grew up in South Florida right on Lake Okeechobee and started watching the Dolphins when I was a kid during the early to middle Marino years. I've stayed a fan through everything since, so like the rest of you, I'm as loyal to this team as it gets. I'm also going to be going to my 1st ever Dolphins game when they come to Atlanta in week 6.

Being loyal doesn't mean disregarding reality and rational thought. That's what disillusioned fanatics do; like claiming Cutler is elite and we're winning a SB.

Back
Top Bottom