Are the Jets going after Trent Richardson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are the Jets going after Trent Richardson?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Jets may be going after Richardson...

Is it possible that the New York Jets have a draft day surprise in store for us?
Currently in possession of the 16th pick in the first round, Rich Cimini of ESPN New York tweeted Wednesday afternoon that the Jets called Alabama running back Trent Richardson on Sunday to verify his contact information in the event New York trades up for the star running back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-g...3--nfl.html;_ylt=AtlRppRLcrMBjZNKClQ7UWdDubYF

I know i'm rooting for Spielman to screw up with that #3 pick, but I sure hope he doesnt screw it up by giving it away to the stinkin Jets

I can't see that happening. The price is too high. This is just a smoke screen. They want Floyd badly.

if he falls out of the top 5 it's possible, Shonne Green isn't getting it done and McKnight has been lackluster. They did draft Bilal Powell last year who a lot of people around here were high on. I find it hard to swallow that Rex Ryan would draft a running back for the 4th year in a row. Howeve, Sparano is now the the OC and it' obvious Sanchez can't carry the offense. He needs all the help he can get, you could do alot worse than TR.

What would it it take for them to move up from 16 to 3??? 2 Firsts, 2nds and more I'd guess (unless they're wheeling and dealing with Mangenius). The other possibility is that they're getting fed up with Revis and he becomes the centerpiece of a package.

What would it it take for them to move up from 16 to 3??? 2 Firsts, 2nds and more I'd guess (unless they're wheeling and dealing with Mangenius). The other possibility is that they're getting fed up with Revis and he becomes the centerpiece of a package.
Wow...that would make for an interesting deal. I just cant see them dealing Revis even if he might hold out again. Then again, you know ole Tony Sparano is over there foaming at the mouth to get a workhorse RB like T-Rich

i think they are just talking **** like they always do. sure they want him every team wants him. but to give up as much as it would take for a rb is just retarded. nm i wouldnt put it pass them lol

They should trade Sanchez and their #16 pick. Then they can start Tebow and Richardson in the backfield and average 200 yards rushing per game.

It would cost the Jets a ton. As Vaark said, they aren't dealing with Mangini as the head decision maker in Cleveland anymore where he practically gave them Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edwards (getting picks and players is great, but when you get FOUR players in 2 trades and NONE of them are on the roster TWO years later, you are an idiot).

The other thing is they would have to blow either Tampa or Cleveland out of the water. If the Browns take Blackmon, the Bucs have made it quite clear they would snatch Richardson up in a heart beat. I'm talking like serious bank.

its not happening...too costly for the jets...only way t rich doesn't go to cleveland is if someone like tampa jumps them at #3...no ones coming from #16 to #3 for a rb...

I doubt they would be willing to pay what it will take to move up high enough to get him.

Normally I would agree with what you're saying here...but the only thing that bugs me is that it's Spielman the Jets would be dealing with, whom we are familiar with getting ripped off

I think if he fell down to the bottom half of the top 10 we'd probably make a move but moving up to 3,4 or 5 I can't see us making that move.

I think if he fell down to the bottom half of the top 10 we'd probably make a move but moving up to 3,4 or 5 I can't see us making that move.

Highly unlikely he slips by #4 and Cleveland, or if he does slip by them, #5 to Tampa Bay. If it happens however then he could begin to slide. Hell, I can't see a team picking between Jacksonville (#7) and New York (#16) that would snatch him so there is the smallest of chances he may slide all the way to your pick. Carolina at 9 or maybe Arizona at 13? But both have greater needs to attend to. I think if a slide begins a team will come back up for him, especially Cleveland or Cincinnati who each have two first rounders.... if the Jets want him then you'll need to be savvy in deciding when to trade up ... Do you go as early as Carolina at 9, or wait until Seattle (#12) or Arizona (#13) and not have to give up too much ....

Anyway, you have Tebow so don't know why you need T-Rich :up:

jets aren't trading revis but if they did i hope we'd be bidding on him...i know that

Back
Top Bottom