Are we content with Bell at SS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are we content with Bell at SS?

Stringer Bell

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
he really helped out our pass defense, but he did hurt the run D a little.

do you guys think he will be our SS of the future, or will the position be upgraded?

Last edited by a moderator:
they say his run D isnt good but i nevre noticed that.

I second that!

I third that! I was already extremely impressed with his play at LSU. But his combine performance blew me away. I'm officially on the draft Laron Landry bandwagon.

Landry is a stud, no doubt. I don't think we should use our first on him for two reasons: 1) we spent a first on a safety last year and 2) bell is still young and a playmaker. I wouldn't be opposed to sabby piscatelli in the fourth or even in the third though. He was rock solid for the beavers the last couple of years. I was hoping we could snag him late, but his combine numbers probably will give him late first day consideration. He's kind of like a faster john lynch and would be great to have developing if allen or bell don't work out...

He's familiar with the type of defense we play and has blazeing speed, but I think we go pass rusher first. With Bowens likely gone and Taylor getting older we really need to consider a pass rushing LB or DE or hybrid DE/LB type.

i dont necessarily disagree with taking a DLineman...i just feel taht today, safety is a position that you have to have a stud at...

just look at the colts, bob sanders completely changed taht team...

Landry over bell if we have shot at him he will start that same year and i would not be suprised if he wins Drookie of the year good feeling about him
i like bell but i think he is more like a back up

:dolphins:

Landry is a FS y'all we would have to move Jason Allen to CB which probably wont happen.

I'd take Michael Griffin in the 2nd if he were there, if I needed a SS. Or hope Sabby from Oregon State fell to us in the 3rd round(or Jon Wendling maybe).

I'm sure Landry can play either S position by the way.

Bell can tackle okay, but he's not so hot at play recognition and can take himself out of plays. It's a weakness vs. the pass and run.

Look for R.Hill at SS if J.Allen can lock down the FS spot this time.

Then again, if a DB is taken on draft day 1 or FA, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom