Arizona likes Levi Brown more than Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona likes Levi Brown more than Thomas

Rhody Phins Fan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Don Banks said this on SI.com:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/27/snaps/index.html

This much became clear to me after talking with a member of the Cardinals organization the other day: Arizona thinks Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown will eventually be a better pro than Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas, who is rated higher at the moment and considered more NFL ready. Whether or not the Cardinals can justify taking Brown in the fifth slot is the question? Arizona wants to move down in the second half of the top 10 and take Brown, but if nobody calls when it's on the clock, the Cards might face a courage-of-their-convictions-type decision.

I've been reading too much draft stuff to figure out how this affects the Dolphins so I'm just going to post it and let others do the mental work.

Don Banks said this on SI.com:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/27/snaps/index.html

This much became clear to me after talking with a member of the Cardinals organization the other day: Arizona thinks Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown will eventually be a better pro than Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas, who is rated higher at the moment and considered more NFL ready. Whether or not the Cardinals can justify taking Brown in the fifth slot is the question? Arizona wants to move down in the second half of the top 10 and take Brown, but if nobody calls when it's on the clock, the Cards might face a courage-of-their-convictions-type decision.

I've been reading too much draft stuff to figure out how this affects the Dolphins so I'm just going to post it and let others do the mental work.

Yeah this really is not a secret, But they can't reach on Brown and take him at 5. They will have to trade down to take him. I think they will still take Thomas

Anything that any teams said in the past 3 months, much less today, I don't believe for a moment.

Would never happen. But if it did? We would have to trade up with WAS and select Joe Thomas!

Yeah this really is not a secret, But they can't reach on Brown and take him at 5. They will have to trade down to take him. I think they will still take Thomas

I disagree . . . if they can't trade down . . . and they like Brown over Thomas . . . they need to take Brown. I have always thought of Levi to be a better RT prospect . . . and w/ that being Leinart's blindside . . . I think Levi may be a better fit for that team. Levi has really closed the gap and there are a few teams that think that Levi is the best OT in this draft. Its fairly certain that Levi doesn't make it past Houston, and Miami and Atlanta could both take him . . . is it really a reach to take a guy who is gonna get selected less than 5 picks later . . . this is a situation where the need maybe greater than trying to play the value game. Its not like Levi isn't a projected top 10 pick.

So reach a deal that they draft Thomas & we draft Levi Brown. Then we swap players and give them a 3rd. If they don't think thats enough then forget it.

what if we have brown rated higher than thomas? sounds dumb kinda i guess, but you never know, I have never done the interview or been at the workouts with him. I like thomas more hands down i know that and think levi might be a bust, but just posing a question.

Back
Top Bottom