Arizona State's DT Will Sutton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arizona State's DT Will Sutton

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Could be someone we want to focus on next season, depending on what happens with Starks. I am ASU alum, and just love this guy. He's a beast with a nice motor. Not that tall, but he is like a small strong thick pitbull.

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Arizona State University defensive tackle Will Sutton has been named a First-Team All-American by Phil Steele, the publication announced Wednesday.

Sutton also earned a preseason All-Pac-12 First Team nod from Phil Steele and is one of six Pac-12 student-athletes on the All-America first team. He became ASU's sixth winner of the Morris Trophy and the 18th consensus All-American, including first since 2007, and was also the fifth Devil to win the Pac-10/12 conference Defensive Player of the Year award. His 23.5 tackles for loss and 13 sacks in 2012 both rank fourth on the school's single-season list, and he led the Pac-12 with 1.08 sacks and 1.96 TFLs per game. Sutton also added 63 tackles, three forced fumbles and five pass breakups, despite missing one game and the majority of another due to injury.

[video=youtube;2SbsHVUiKdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SbsHVUiKdc[/video]

No pun intended right? lol

Nice. I LOL'd.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

By the way I think there are two players that fit this mold and between the two of them I consider Aaron Donald to be the more sure bet at the next level.

Bleacher Report has us taking a DT in next year's first round as well....Timmy Jernigan of Florida State.

As of right now, that would be a pretty good pick I think. Timmy Jernigan is a monster.

But honestly fast forward to next year and I could foresee offensive tackle becoming a bigger priority, especially for this front office. They like the value of tackles in the 1st round. Could also see a guard, tight end or corner happening.

As of right now, that would be a pretty good pick I think. Timmy Jernigan is a monster.

But honestly fast forward to next year and I could foresee offensive tackle becoming a bigger priority, especially for this front office. They like the value of tackles in the 1st round. Could also see a guard, tight end or corner happening.

I am going to keep my eye on Sutton. He has such a quick burst off the line and great hands to get past and through O-lineman. Jernigan is bigger but not as fast. Can't wait for college ball to kick off Aug. 29th.

I like Sutton a lot. I like Aaron Donald more. He's more translatable to the NFL, IMO. I like Timmy Jernigan a hell of a lot. Those three are good. Not sure what to think of Louis Nix yet.

Sutton is a bust, but yes, depending how this season goes, OL may be a more pressing need

A bit bold to declare Will Sutton a bust. I like Timmy Jernigan and Aaron Donald more, but that doesn't mean Sutton sucks.

The May scouting roundtables came back with a 5th round grade for Will Sutton. Those and the preseason grades are notorious for being superficial (which means heavily skewed toward measurement fundamentals and prototypes).

A bit bold to declare Will Sutton a bust. I like Timmy Jernigan and Aaron Donald more, but that doesn't mean Sutton sucks.

The May scouting roundtables came back with a 5th round grade for Will Sutton. Those and the preseason grades are notorious for being superficial (which means heavily skewed toward measurement fundamentals and prototypes).

Wow, total typo. I meant to write "beast". Sutton is a beast*

Mini Sapp is intriguing, but Ireland very rarely takes a player who doesn't fit the size prototype. In fact, I can't think of any unless you factor in Bess who wasn't drafted.

I think he's veering off the prototype path at a pretty steady clip nowadays. He's always said there are some positions he cares about it because if you look historically the position is just that tightly bound to the prototypes, and he's also said there are positions where the prototype doesn't seem that tightly bound to performance.

I think you look at Geno Atkins and then you look at Aaron Donald and you see the same type of player. I think you look at Will Sutton and you do see some Warren Sapp.

a 5th round grade on will rolling ball of butcher knives sutton is assanine...

Back
Top Bottom