Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando - Fins love Barnett and Lamp

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to head coach and offensive playcalling genius and quarterback whisperer Adam Gase, your defense is in a world of hurt so your offense needs to take a back seat this draft.

Look, the Dolphins love Barnett. And they love Western Kentucky guard Forrest Lamp. But if it comes down to it next Thursday night, and both players are on the board, the Dolphins had better pick Barnett without hesitation. No question. No second-guessing.Defensive end is simply a much greater need than guard on this team. And need matters.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article145540549.html

Lots more good info in the article, glad I bought a cheap online sub to the Herald, its by far the best source of fins info and the damn paywall pissed me off

Was just about to post it, and Armando has been spot on with the FO thinking so..

We have 3 good DEs. We have maybe one good guard, maybe none.

I still wouldn't take Lamp over Barnett, but only because DES are harder to find, more important and more expensive than guards.

No way in hell Derek Barnet makes it to 22, unless there is a video of him beating a woman, lol! In that case, I don't want him. Miami will be OK with Lamp, its not the worst case scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 3 good DEs. We have maybe one good guard, maybe none.

I still wouldn't take Lamp over Barnett, but only because DES are harder to find, more important and more expensive than guards.

we have 1 good DE, he is approaching pension age. We also have a few 1 year stopgaps. Our DE group is a disaster in terms of rushing the passer, Hayes should be fine stopping the run - again for 1 year

Very disappointing, Hopefully neither is the pick. There are very few DE's with Barnett's measurable that have been solid starters, he is a poor man's Robert Ayers or Bjoern Werner. Forrest Lamp can be a starting caliber Guard but those can be found in the middle rounds, he is nowhere near a Zach Martin and has a worse resume than draft busts Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper. Take a Guard later in the draft.

If Haason Reddick or Jarred Davis are there, let's hope one of them is the pick.

I like Barnett, Lamp, and Reddick.

I am shocked at saying this, but I wouldn't mind Lamp.

Our defense was shredded last year because we had no depth - not because our starters sucked. Adding Lamp = more time for RT to throw, to score, to dominate. We still DO NOT SCORE ENOUGH POINTS.

As previously mentioned in multiple threads by others, in the playoff game, we had no Misi, no Jenkins, no Pouncey, no Jones, No IAQ, no Tannehill, no Xavien, and a hobbled Kiko. No way we win that game.

Pittsburgh does not beat us if they had similar 'outages'....take out Big Ben, their center, two LB's, both of their safeties, and one of their corners, and we mop the floor with them - just like they did us....

Yes we need LB's, badly....but we're a middle of the pack defense just by being healthy.

"All that is fair. All of it is logical and no one who’s ever had any success picking players will ever argue with any of this. But .."

All these people who have no success will argue against them... nice premise Armando, and your lackeys.

To those that think we can find starting caliber guards in the middle rounds, we can't, and we haven't. It's boom round 1 or busts like Thomas, Turner, Douglass, Martin, Jerry, Shaun Murphy.

Unless we get the best in the draft early, then I am afraid our track record of getting a starter in later rounds is abysmal.

Like I said before, run it down people's throats and eat up the clock. At least our below average D can play hard for 20 minutes a game. Defense by Offense!

Both are good players. Both might be gone though

How does Armando know which players we love? Either he's guessing or someone within the inner sanctum has loose lips is giving him accurate or deliberate inaccurate information. On some football matters, it doesn't matter if information is passed via a reporter to the masses, e.g. giving Mando the heads up that Lawrence Timmons is flying in to meet the team. However, when it comes to pertinent information about the Draft, I think we need zipper mouths within the organization. Unfortunately, too many members of the media seem to be intent and hellbent on creating drama with a bad Dolphins story and may want us losing as many games as possible (cough Omar Kelly, cough Adam Beasley). Make no mistake, these reporters are our enemies (and may well be on the cheese factory payroll just to disrupt the Dolphin fanbase). I don't think Armando is in the same category, but the principle still applies.

They can say what they want but there should be no way at 22 for them to draft a position that we don't need help at imo
QB,RB,WR,LT,RT,DT and SS are not what we need at 22.

Guard we need but it should wait till 54 or 97

DE, LB or FS should be the pick at 22

Ozzy rules!!

I still don't think our ability to unseat New England rests solely with improving the defense. It's going to come down to Tannehill some day having to out-perform Brady when the defense is on its heels. So solidifying the o-line or taking the best offensive playmaker seems just as desirable as improving a defense, that no matter how talented, still gets carved up by Brady in crunch time.

Bothcould be starters at their respective positions. I would be happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom