Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando: Ireland job doesn't appear at risk

There are going to be empty seats with or without Jeff Ireland. Just how the locals roll.

You are aware Miami used to average 73k fans a game right? That was 10 years ago or so. Your either young and not aware or always finding excuses to blame fans as opposed to the organization.

First round linemen don't help sell out stadiums? who knew

In Miami, apparently 1st round quarterbacks don't either. Look, season ticket sales are not going to instantly go up because Ireland is fired. Sparano was public enemy #1 in 2011 and once Ross replaced him with Philbin, ticket sales dropped. Even if Ross would fire Ireland after this season, I bet you the ticket sales would again drop or stay about the same, I wouldn't anticipate any major increase.

So since Ross already knows that there will continue to be poor local support in 2013 the question becomes whether or not you think Ireland is the guy to turn the team around. I know Ireland has been here since 2008, but I guarantee you that Ross gave him somewhat of a pass for what happened between 2008-2010 because Parcells was in charge of the football department those offseasons. I truly believe that Ross is judging Ireland on what he has been able to do from 2011 on and since this a new type of team under Philbin than it was under Parcells/Sparano. I am not saying Ireland should be retained, but I am certainly not surprised it appears he will be.

Ross is apparently a great believer in the continuity of suckage

You are aware Miami used to average 73k fans a game right? That was 10 years ago or so. Your either young and not aware or always finding excuses to blame fans as opposed to the organization.

I also know the playoff game in 2000 against the Colts was blacked out. Please, let's not turn this into another thread about how poor the local support is. We all know how bad this is, let's try and keep it on track with the news about Ireland pretty much locked in as the GM in 2013.

In Miami, apparently 1st round quarterbacks don't either. Look, season ticket sales are not going to instantly go up because Ireland is fired. Sparano was public enemy #1 in 2011 and once Ross replaced him with Philbin, ticket sales dropped. Even if Ross would fire Ireland after this season, I bet you the ticket sales would again drop or stay about the same, I wouldn't anticipate any major increase.

So since Ross already knows that there will continue to be poor local support in 2013 the question becomes whether or not you think Ireland is the guy to turn the team around. I know Ireland has been here since 2008, but I guarantee you that Ross gave him somewhat of a pass for what happened between 2008-2010 because Parcells was in charge of the football department those offseasons. I truly believe that Ross is judging Ireland on what he has been able to do from 2011 on and since this a new type of team under Philbin than it was under Parcells/Sparano. I am not saying Ireland should be retained, but I am certainly not surprised it appears he will be.
If you bring in exciting names then people will come. Tannehill and Philbin were no names that excited no one. Most people thought Tannehill wouldn't even play this year. Ireland hasn't done much positive since 2011 either. His draft last year pretty much sucked outside of Pouncey.

I also know the playoff game in 2000 against the Colts was blacked out. Please, let's not turn this into another thread about how poor the local support is. We all know how bad this is, let's try and keep it on track with the news about Ireland pretty much locked in as the GM in 2013.
The playoff game in 2000 was sold out by game time. The playoff game in 2008 sold out in 3 hours.

I think youre most likely right about Ireland coming back, but I think the dynamic changes if we lose to SF and NE and dont sweep the Jags and Bills. A big if obviously, but not impossible. Its hard to see us losing out TBH, but if we only only win one more game and its not a win over SF or NE, I think Jeff's status becomes a little more uncertain. If we lose out I think he is probably gone, but like I said I dont think we lose out.

Anyone who says they know whats going to happen for certain or that Ireland is locked into a job could be in for a rude awakening a mere 4 weeks from now. I think its hilarious that Armando is considered a horrible reporter when he reports something that fans dont like, but considered impeccable when reporting something fans are biased towards.

Ross expected a playoff berth. At the very least he expected a winning season. Its plausable we go 1-3 or get swept the rest of the way. If we end up with 6 wins or less seats could heat up very quickly. Nothing kills jobs faster than a season spiraling out of control.

In all likelyhood Ireland will remain. But that has very little to do with his job performance. One thing is for certain, we wont know until those final games are played.

Anyone who says they know whats going to happen for certain or that Ireland is locked into a job could be in for a rude awakening a mere 4 weeks from now. I think its hilarious that Armando is considered a horrible reporter when he reports something that fans dont like, but considered impeccable when reporting something fans are biased towards.

Ross expected a playoff berth. At the very least he expected a winning season. Its plausable we go 1-3 or get swept the rest of the way. If we end up with 6 wins or less seats could heat up very quickly. Nothing kills jobs faster than a season spiraling out of control.

In all likelyhood Ireland will remain. But that has very little to do with his job performance. One thing is for certain, we wont know until those final games are played.
Armando does mention that an epic and disastrous final four weeks could change things, but with home games against the Bills and Jaguars on the schedule, that probably is unlikely. If the Dolphins finish the season 5-11, then I think the topic of Ireland's job security becomes a realistic conversation. Here is the thing though, in addition to the Bills and Jaguars game, the week 17 game in New England could be against backups. 2-3 wins the final four weeks might not be as crazy as some might think. 2-3 wins and this is definitely not a topic.

At this point I want us to lose out.

Only way to insure Ireland goes... HE is the reason we suck. Until he is gone we have ZERO shot.

It was a package deal. People wanted them both gone.

Wins sell seats.

You're right that a new GM probably doesn't help ticket sales at this point, its too little, too late for that. My question is who was full of **** when we were told this wasn't a rebuilding year. Either Ireland convinced Ross of that or Ross was just spouting **** to the fans in order to sell tickets.

If I were Ross and I really believed we would be trying to contend this season I would have a conversation the week before the season that would go something like this: A blind monkey could see that your offseason "moves" wouldn't help us win games or help ticket sales this season ...SO WTF JEFF!?!?

Back
Top Bottom