Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero Article on Jarvis Landry

The tag would buy more time for future evaluation etc from both sides and watch other players further development or lack of on the team -but that's a huge cap hit..

The tag is $16M. He wants $14-$15 average. I don't think it's completely out of question.

If Tannenbaum manages to clear the cap from those two and get a comp pick for Landry and a 3rd or a sceme fit starter on a position of need for James he deserves to keep his job.

Tanny's knee, Landry's and James' contracts, the holes at FS, LB, LE; make this offseason more entertaining than the regular season last year... and if Tbaum soils himself in the process, maybe next years too, unfortunately.

Here is a chart to show Landry's impact on our wins in 2016 comparable to other WR's. We won 10 games in 2016 so I decided to include teams with no more than 12 games won and no less than 8 than to get a good feel. I also had set a limit on a minimum of 40 catches

Notables Landry has a 14.68 yards per catch in those 10 wins.

Attachments

• 1 of 2.png
    1 of 2.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 13
  • pt 2 0f 2.png
    pt 2 0f 2.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 12
2nd best RT on the league WHEN HE PLAYS.

On a one year deal with no guarantees.

I understand people aren't happy with him missing half the games this year but given the strategy with purposely losing FAs this year we just wouldn't have given him the option if we wanted him gone. He's trade bait 'till the trade deadline and if no one offers a 3rd or better by then he'll be resigned long term.

Hmm so that means if you threw Lane Johnson, Jack Conklin and Juwan James together and said pick the top 2, one of those names would be Juwan James lol

Missed 15 games over the last 3 seasons.

9.3 million is too much here. And of course his contract is guaranteed once we hit free agency. The tag can be rescinded until then which is why it isn't guaranteed yet.

It is guaranteed for injury so who knows what that situation is.

This current dolphins brass can pay Andre Branch almost 12 million next season, and can pay Kiko Alonso 9 million....but have to squeeze Jarvis Landry.

This is why this franchise is a joke.

Actually I think making such a player out of a 2nd rd pick slow, albeit durable slot WR is the accomplishment here.

We just don't have the scheme fits on defense yet to churn disposable players the way our offense does.

Keep an eye on SF, Indianapolis and Chicago at a minimum. I'd guess any of them will give the 14.5 and may get in a bidding war up from there.

If the McDaniels rumors to Indy are true, then he will want a threat in the middle of the field like Landry. He'd be a great fit working with Luck. I could see Kyle Shanahan being all over him as well to put with Jimmy G. The Bears are desperate.

I'd imagine this will end up in stupid money like Vernon got. If you go look at other cities' offseason banter, Landry is the dream guy to get.

Meanwhile, instead of re-upping him proactively, Miami will play whack-a-mole and Landry will go kick ass somewhere, while we will remain in purgatory. But, hey, we always have the smartest guys in the room, who always have all the answers.

If Landry walks, I expect Miami will have WR high on the draft list and wouldn’t be surprised if the focus shift to offensive minded draft for 2018. I’d think WR and TE become very possible in the first two rounds. I want and hope Landry will work something out with Miami, but am preparing myself for his departure. With a comp pick as high as round 3 in 2019, for Landry, and 2019 shaping up to be a very good defensive draft, Miami may be looking into the future?

Keep an eye on SF, Indianapolis and Chicago at a minimum. I'd guess any of them will give the 14.5 and may get in a bidding war up from there.

If the McDaniels rumors to Indy are true, then he will want a threat in the middle of the field like Landry. He'd be a great fit working with Luck. I could see Kyle Shanahan being all over him as well to put with Jimmy G. The Bears are desperate.

I'd imagine this will end up in stupid money like Vernon got. If you go look at other cities' offseason banter, Landry is the dream guy to get.

Meanwhile, instead of re-upping him proactively, Miami will play whack-a-mole and Landry will go kick *** somewhere, while we will remain in purgatory. But, hey, we always have the smartest guys in the room, who always have all the answers.

Yea those 3 certainly stand out. My dark horse in Oakland. Gruden loves him some Landry and it would give his young QB a reliable young target to grow with on the inside alongside Cooper on the outside.

worst line in the whole article...

"His 8.8 yards per catch were a career low, but I blame that on the Dolphins inability to protect the quarterback long enough to let Landry (and others) get down the field with consistency"

more dumb even than that pay dion lewis talk...

worst line in the whole article...

"His 8.8 yards per catch were a career low, but I blame that on the Dolphins inability to protect the quarterback long enough to let Landry (and others) get down the field with consistency"

more dumb even than that pay dion lewis talk...

We don't need and hope we don't want Lewis. Too much money when receiving backs are a dime a dozen.

On the other hand I do think Landry's low ypc wasn't entirely his fault.

It was Cutler's unwillingness to stand in the pocket and deliver Stills and Parker catchable balls. His happy feet made it look like it was the oline's fault.

Of course we could have thrown Landry in drags, posts, slants, flags etc, etc instead of behind the los but the reason we didn't was more the safeties/lbers sniffing than the oline. It was more Cutler's fault than the oline but the avg fan will see oline.

Back
Top Bottom