Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero: Ireland deserves praise

Armando isn't so much sitting on the fence as he is doing things with the fence that are illegal in most southern states. :ponder:

I remember he wrote against the Ireland marchers, then the next day he wrote on how to more effectively march against Ireland.

He is a joke, a long standing sad pathetic joke. The only joke sadder than him is the clown on wsvn who does sports.

Praise for what? Doing nothing in 4 years?

Some people . . .

Vertical Limit, Phins28, Casas9425, Dolph N.Fan

Always seems to be the same few people thumbing down and ripping any positive vibe for this team. Agendas.

So if you only say positive things about the Dolphins: no agenda.
If you say negative things about the Dolphins: agenda.

I did laugh at how you shot someone a thumbs down a single post after you complained about receiving thumbs down. :lol:

For such a short post, it had alot of funny in it.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

So if you only say positive things about the Dolphins: no agenda.
If you say negative things about the Dolphins: agenda.

I did laugh at how you shot someone a thumbs down a single post after you complained about receiving thumbs down. :lol:

For such a short post, it had alot of funny in it.

Yep. I think we can all name ten posters who no matter who we draft will praise it as being anywhere from solid to great just like they do after every single draft. The constant negative Nancys used to be my pet peeve but its now the ones who laud every single move and defend everything dolphin that irk me more. I mean there are a number of people who refuse to say one critical thing about the team. I mean if we were the pats fine but not even close

Thumbs down to you also Speshy. If people want to act like a dick, so will I.

Just seems like anytime there is praise or a positive vibe for this team the same clown car shows up to throw pies in the face of people and belittle them.
The team has been bad for ten years. Pick up your standards.

I can't believe the negative-nancy Ireland bashers on this board. A few points for you all to consider:
- Ireland has not yet lost any starters that are due to hit free agency. Having said that, I think it's very smart for him to let them hit free agency so that he doesn't end up overpaying them before the market dictates their value. IMHO, chances are that many of the free agents the dolphins are interested in re-signing will be disappointed with their market value and will re-sign with the fins on reasonable terms. Of course we will lose a few like maybe Bush, Matt Moore, McDaniel but it seems Jeff has a priority plan so that we end up with value players on the roster.
- Furthermore, the money that he saves on players not re-signed will be allocated to players in free agency that better fit our needs. Like a difference-maker WR for example. Yes he will have to overpay for this type of player, but it's still value in the sense that it fits better with what our new coaching staff is trying to do. He will also go after some value players like he did in the past with Randy Starks, Anthony Fasano, Cameron Wake, Matt Moore, Kevin Burnett; All free agents and trades that didn't break the bank in terms of cap or draft picks but turned out to be solid starters or better.
- We still have the very deep (by all accounts) draft where we have 9 picks, 6 of which are in the first 3 rounds. I am very excited about this, in part because of how this last draft turned out. How many of the players drafted do you all think should make the team and have an impact? I would conservatively say about 5 or 6 including UDFA's.
So between resigning our own FAs going by priority, picking up a few free agents that better fit our system, and being in good position in a deep draft, there's plenty to be optimistic about. I commend Ireland for putting us in this situation and I'm pretty confident he'll do well in the coming months based on what he's done recently, including having found us a possible franchise QB.

I can't believe the negative-nancy Ireland bashers on this board. A few points for you all to consider:
- Ireland has not yet lost any starters that are due to hit free agency. Having said that, I think it's very smart for him to let them hit free agency so that he doesn't end up overpaying them before the market dictates their value. IMHO, chances are that many of the free agents the dolphins are interested in re-signing will be disappointed with their market value and will re-sign with the fins on reasonable terms. Of course we will lose a few like maybe Bush, Matt Moore, McDaniel but it seems Jeff has a priority plan so that we end up with value players on the roster.
- Furthermore, the money that he saves on players not re-signed will be allocated to players in free agency that better fit our needs. Like a difference-maker WR for example. Yes he will have to overpay for this type of player, but it's still value in the sense that it fits better with what our new coaching staff is trying to do. He will also go after some value players like he did in the past with Randy Starks, Anthony Fasano, Cameron Wake, Matt Moore, Kevin Burnett; All free agents and trades that didn't break the bank in terms of cap or draft picks but turned out to be solid starters or better.
- We still have the very deep (by all accounts) draft where we have 9 picks, 6 of which are in the first 3 rounds. I am very excited about this, in part because of how this last draft turned out. How many of the players drafted do you all think should make the team and have an impact? I would conservatively say about 5 or 6 including UDFA's.
So between resigning our own FAs going by priority, picking up a few free agents that better fit our system, and being in good position in a deep draft, there's plenty to be optimistic about. I commend Ireland for putting us in this situation and I'm pretty confident he'll do well in the coming months based on what he's done recently, including having found us a possible franchise QB.

So on one hand, he deserve credit for not letting free agents go. On the other hand, he deserves credit for letting free agents go. Outstanding.

This thread turned out great, highly amusing.

So on one hand, he deserve credit for not letting free agents go. On the other hand, he deserves credit for letting free agents go. Outstanding.

Why is that a mindset to belittle?

You can't let them all go and you can't keep them all.

Stupid.

Just seems like anytime there is praise or a positive vibe for this team the same clown car shows up to throw pies in the face of people and belittle them.

:lol: The "clown car" line was classic, I might have to use that one in the future.

Pick a side, You either think Ireland is going to get it done or you don't. We'll see who has the pie on their face by the end of next season. Sorry it's hard to get a positive vibe even in this situation when the only support the guy has to stand on are excuses. I'm not going to sit hear and beat the anti Ireland drum, but i completely understand those people who do.

Ireland does deserve praise for getting the Fins into this situation. He has spent the past couple of years cleaning up the mess that Sparano and Tuna left him. Jeff has only been in charge of the football department since the 2011 offseason and it takes time to get this team in a position with a lot of cap space and a lot of high draft picks. Sure the team has been mediocre on the field since Ireland took over in 2011 but they have been in cap hell and never been in a position to have so many value draft picks in the upcoming draft. So long to Sparano and Tuna's guys like Long and Smith, this is now Ireland and Philbin's team and Miami enters this offseason in great shape.

How conveinent that Ireland was not responsible for the cap situation lol he was just here

you must be kidding me he sucks and he will never build a good team watch jeff will some how screw this up we are a joke and he needs to go there is a reason we are always around 500 and the cap space should tell you something what a joke this guy is just like trading v/davis and just like getting marshall who can"t cove anyone

Some good points by Armando even though I don't care for some of his articles.

Back
Top Bottom