Armando Salguero - Phins remain uncertain @ QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando Salguero - Phins remain uncertain @ QB

Isn't it a little early to be totally worried about this? I mean if we went into training camp w/o a QB then it'd be time to jump ship. Why not wait until the draft before we start calling in the Navy to help us out

Isn't it a little early to be totally worried about this? I mean if we went into training camp w/o a QB then it'd be time to jump ship. Why not wait until the draft before we start calling in the Navy to help us out

Well I think the big problem is that our D has been built to win now. Our offense is in good hands but has seen minimal change to the impact positions. Philosophy will differ and that is a big need BUT we haven't seen the player impact yet to really make a difference. QB is the biggest question. The draft will help for the future but not this year. IF we get Green what does that really do for us. Green or C-Pep and you have a pro bowl vet QB with big ? marks. So in that case you will go into camp with a huge unknown that can take your season from 5-11 to 11-5.

No matter what happens with the vet QB situation we HAVE to draft a future QB. Whether it's 1st rd or 4th we have to put a priority at that position long term and I think Mueller is one of the best GM's at doing that.

My 2 cents is I'd offer KC a 7th and that is it. If they want more wait for him to be cut. You keep C-Pep and have Cleo as your backup plan to start with a rook to groom. If you get Green you let C-Pep and Green battle it in camp - loser gets cut or agrees to be backup for the year. I'd guess C-Pep if not the starter will ask for his release and if he is not the starter who cares.

What ever happened with Marcus Vick? Did he totally give up on the QB situation? Maybe Cam has been working with him? I haven't heard much about him other than maybe being a kick returner.

Alrmando Salguero said:
By all reports, the team is hopeful, indeed optimistic, it can close a deal for Green. New coach Cam Cameron was so enthusiastic about the idea when it surfaced last month he called Wayne Huizenga one morning to tell the owner about it.
He made that call at 6:30 a.m.

Does this sound like a man who just wants Green as a backup plan? :shakeno:

What ever happened with Marcus Vick? Did he totally give up on the QB situation? Maybe Cam has been working with him? I haven't heard much about him other than maybe being a kick returner.

I can't believe there are still people asking if Marcus Vick will ever get a shot to QB the Dolphins.

Armando Salguero said:
And he can't commit to Culpepper because of his uncertain health.

But in not making a commitment, Cameron has drawn attention to the situation. Cameron's disconnect when talking with the media about Culpepper has caused other players to notice.

At least two players, recalling last year's shouting match between Culpepper and then-coach Nick Saban, wondered last week if Culpepper will understand the fact that he's not being embraced publicly is just a business decision.

They also privately wondered whether Culpepper and Cameron could eventually bond following this cold period if the quarterback does eventually prove he's healthy.

See this is what I have been saying. At some point the Culpepper situation risks becoming a distraction and not only to us, but to the players.

i love how the columnists try coming upp with these stories like its breaking news and we have no idea what is going on...PLease something happen, this offseason is starting to get sooooooooo boring...

Man, it must take a REALLY firm grasp of the obvious to write these articles, huh?:rolleyes2

I can't believe there are still people asking if Marcus Vick will ever get a shot to QB the Dolphins.

Although I doubt he will ever get a shot, he was a better Qb in college than Lemon an all ACC selection at a major program. If he had never got in trouble probably would have been a day one pick at QB proably a better passer than his brother and still has 4.4 speed. I'm sure if he got the oppurtunities at Qb that Lemon has had it would be a realistic question. He had scholarship offers to Miami, tennesee and UVA to play Qb and was was considered one of the top high school Qb's.

:lol:

agreed.
Get used to it though.
There are those convinced Lemon is now the next overlooked stud QB on our roster.
At one time some people were convinced we should trade Marino because S. Mitchell was the next prodigy QB.

Same insanity, different time, different backup QB for people to believe in.

Back
Top Bottom